• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Added swivel tray to recliner for computing / eating

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I did a bit of a modification in the Paradigm 340RL today. I generally work from my easy chair vs the kitchen table when using the laptop or iPad and I often have lunch at the same chair. In my last coach, I have theater seating that had swivel trays. They were super handy. As my Paradigm seating doesn't have that feature, I added it, but not to the chair - rather, to the slide facia.

The product I used is from Lagun. The Lagun Table Leg System. This system is designed to be used to support a table, up to 30" x 40" and up to 50 pounds. I'm likely not the first to use such a small table top, but mine sure is small. In fact, it's a small wood-composite cutting board.

This is sort of my "proof-of-concept" setup. If it works well, I may make adjustments, like a larger top and maybe some modification to the way I've mounted the bracket to the facia.

IMG_8078.jpg IMG_8079.jpg IMG_8080.jpg IMG_8082.jpg IMG_8084.jpg IMG_8085.jpg IMG_8087.jpg IMG_8093.jpg IMG_8094.JPG IMG_8095.JPG IMG_8102.JPG IMG_8101.JPG

Last edited:

Mark Page

Owner Empowerment Advisor
Staff member
Great idea! I am currently using a corner shelf in our 310RL. Only disadvantage is having to move it on moving days.

Attachments

• received_358544035734513.jpeg
    received_358544035734513.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 26

jarmuszd

Great mod! I like my chables because I can hide them under the couch when not needed. Available at Walmart. I swapped out the seat with some flooring I had at home.

Attachments

• 20210902_093211.jpg
    20210902_093211.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210902_093241.jpg
    20210902_093241.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210902_093831.jpg
    20210902_093831.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 35

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
My wife also said to look at Home Goods

Bill - we stopped into Home Goods today and we picked one of these tables up. It works well when the recliner is upright. When reclined, the arm lifts the table up. Just something for others to consider with this table. I also like that it has AC and USB outlets on it.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Jim, What's that remote holder you have by your recliner? Got a post on that?

It’s a small powder coated steel basket. Really nice. I don’t know who the manufacturer or distributor of it is. I got mine from Heartland RVs Customer Service. Their internal part number is 0171598.
819FB3B4-B970-4A63-B841-2092345F64D0.png

david396

I did a bit of a modification in the Paradigm 340RL today. I generally work from my easy chair vs the kitchen table when using the laptop or iPad and I often have lunch at the same chair. In my last coach, I have theater seating that had swivel trays. They were super handy. As my Paradigm seating doesn't have that feature, I added it, but not to the chair - rather, to the slide facia.

The product I used is from Lagun. The Lagun Table Leg System. This system is designed to be used to support a table, up to 30" x 40" and up to 50 pounds. I'm likely not the first to use such a small table top, but mine sure is small. In fact, it's a small wood-composite cutting board.

This is sort of my "proof-of-concept" setup. If it works well, I may make adjustments, like a larger top and maybe some modification to the way I've mounted the bracket to the facia.

View attachment 28 View attachment 29 View attachment 30 View attachment 32 View attachment 35 View attachment 36 View attachment 37 View attachment 38 View attachment 39 View attachment 40 View attachment 57 View attachment 58
Do you have to purchase the tabletop separate or does it come with a top? Thank you

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Do you have to purchase the tabletop separate or does it come with a top? Thank you

@david396 - tabletops are not included or sold by Lagun. I used a cutting board I had on-hand as a proof of concept. I used VHB tape to install the top. Before my next trip out, I'll replace the top with something a little bit longer.

RockDr896

I think this is the way I am going to go, if I was going to do it today. I have built a few workstations for my lazy boy at home, for those days I want to work or browse while the wife watches the Hallmark channel .... LOL. If you look at support structure, you can place the couch feet on either side. You may need to trim the out side feet, but it shouldn't affect stability. It would also allow you to move it to either side of the couch. Search the handicap type tables. Their are way more options than the traditional. This one will help you out of the couch after one of those rain days....just saying ...

Attachments

• Laptop table #1.jpg
    Laptop table #1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Laptop table #2.jpg
    Laptop table #2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 4