• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

5th Wheel King Pin Tripod Stabilizer

bhidalgo

Anyone with a 310RL use a 5th Wheel King Pin Tripod Stabilizer? If so how well does it help with reducing movement? What brand seems to work the best?

We have one for the back of the rig under the rear bumper-thingie, but the rig still moves a bit. (See image below)

020106_20_250.jpg

Looking for one for the king pin but there's so many out there that it's a crap shoot just buying one out of the blue and hoping for the best. You can only get so much info from a website and promotional pictures. Thanks.

J. Thomas

I have one, but have never used it on our 310RL. It just seems like another thing to pack and carry, so even though it came free with a previous 5th wheel, I have never given it a try. I have read a lot about the 5th wheel tripod, but it seems like half the people who use them like them, and half the people think they are a waste of time. If you are near SE Ohio, I have one I will sell you at a bargain price.
Jeff

Grassjohn

I use one for long stays, and as much to keep people from smashing their head into the king pin. The 6-point levelers do a great job keeping our 385FL rock solid.

Curtis

I use one all the time, even with the six point leveling the front of the camper will move side to side. Have someone inside and push against the front, side of the camper, they can feel the movement. My suggestion is get a heavy duty one. I have seen some that are a waste of money.

B&K365RD

I use one that I bought on sale. It works great I can really tell when I don't use it. Another plus is it has a lock on it so it deters theft of the RV.

Whitewolf

I'm thinking of something like this for the front. Gotta make sure they'd fit our jacks.
And then this for the back if needed.
I met a fellow last year that had this setup and he really liked it. Again, if it'll match up with our style of jacks.

Last edited: