• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

390MP Samsung residential refrigerator.

Lance

How would I go about connecting water to the ice maker? Do I need to move the fridge? I see there is a divider in the back of the shelf next to the unit, but I have not removed the cover to see what is there yet.

bhidalgo

On my 310RL the refrigerator is to the right of my stove.
There is a knockout panel in the bottom of the cabinet between the stove and the refrigerator.
I think it's 4 screws that hold the panel on.
The valve is there.
Sounds like you may have a similar setup.

Andrew

Mine (340RL) is the same way. There were two screws holding in a panel in the back of a cabinet to the left of the refrigerator. I removed the panel and there is a residential style icemaker shutoff valve. It would appear that in order to get the line from the refrigerator, I will have to pull it out. I'm not keen on doing that, so I guess I won't be able to use the icemaker. :( I can understand not hooking it up at the factory (I guess), but not sure why they didn't go ahead and feed the line in the same compartment as the valve when installing the fridge. There's already a hole there, because the power cord for the fridge runs into the same compartment as the residential ice maker valve.

Foxbro001

I wanted to activate the icemaker but with winterizing it would be a mess. Countertop ice machine seems easier.

Trent Mills

Ours was hooked up when we picked it up from the dealer. Our manual was in a block of ice in the freezer... ;-)
We use old style ice cube trays, works for us.