• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

3 season patio door?

Knuth123

Just picked up our new Valor 40v13. We were definitely excited about getting it and memories we will create with our kids.

Main use will be hauling motocross bikes to various tracks for weekend getaways. I was really excited about the rear 3 season doors. We didn't notice any thing strange with then in our walk though.

After we got the unit home (damaged ny the rv dealer hitting an rv mirror while moving it out front on our pickup day) We Bagan to notice a few poor assembly/fitment issues. Definitely not what I expected for the price. I will be reaching our to Alliance to try and resolve these issues. However with the damage from the dealer and issues adding up it's beginning to get hard to think this was a wise investment.

Sorry for the rant, our rear doors don't align at all they look really unplumb, are missing taps to lock them in the pivot hinge and don't open and close as the right side door drops down and catches the top ledge when closing it. Any one else have or had these issues with the 3 season doors?20220504_175513.jpg20220506_181614.jpg

Shelly S

We just picked up our 2022 41v15. Our 3 season patio doors have issues as well. I believe the one door is physically bowing. We will have to go to local dealer for fix I guess. I don’t know. We also had 3 double pane windows just come apart when we tried to open them

Attachments

• D8A8CA5F-4E92-4985-BF29-7976D21FC926.jpeg
    D8A8CA5F-4E92-4985-BF29-7976D21FC926.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 16

Knuth123

That sucks. I haven't tried to open our windows yet..lol

I do have an appointment to get the rear doors looked at, 2 recalls completed and a few other things looked at. Problem is my dealer is 4 hours away. I Should've bought local.

Shelly S

I do have an appointment to get the rear doors looked at, 2 recalls completed and a few other things looked at. Problem is my dealer is 4 hours away. I Should've bought local.
I wish we would have bought local. At the time the closest dealer was 100 miles away and they only wanted to deal on the 1 unit they had. Now since we purchase ours we actually have a dealer about 25-30 miles away. I need to contact Alliance with our list of items and see if that is where they would like us to go. Definitely do not want to go back to where we bought it from in Tampa.

Good luck with your doors! Let us know how they turn out.

dhcolesj

How did the repairs work out? I have a bent up interior ladder (The get to the bunk ladder), a bent hinge on the back exterior door, missing lock on the compressor door, and the slam latch door on the driver's side is loose. But, that's about all I've found. Oh, one of the TV remotes didn't work.
But the dealer is doing me right so far, got no complaints there.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Shelly S

We just picked up our 2022 41v15. Our 3 season patio doors have issues as well. I believe the one door is physically bowing. We will have to go to local dealer for fix I guess. I don’t know. We also had 3 double pane windows just come apart when we tried to open them
Good news the 3 windows have been replaced and are functioning properly.
The local mobile Rv tech company came Friday and replaced the 3 season doors. They now function properly. The real test will be when we hit the road to see if they stay in place or are laying on the floor of the garage after we get somewhere. Just wanted to give an update on these items. Thank you Alliance for taking care of these issues. Your Customer service is really the best in the industry IMO.

JandKRip

We bought our 37v13 less than 60 days ago and we also have this problem with our patio doors. Both sides seem to slide/slant down into the middle when closing them, then you have to lift them just right to open them up. Kind of tough to teach 3 kids how to do that. We also had a problem where the door wouldn't latch to the top either, kept swinging open, I had to bend the bracket (while on a trip) in order to keep the door latched. Ours is now at the dealer to have over 25 things looked at and fixed less than 60 days into our ownership.

Knuth123

My camper spent 6 months at General rv for numerous repairs including the 3 season doors. Picked it up in April, doors were no better and parts are supposed to be ordered and shipped directly to me for me to install.

Unit was out of warranty shortly after i picked it up and more issues arised while it sat over the winter. Now i can't even get any help from the tech support line to repair it myself. I'm not happy at all with our camper for the price. As soon as we are in the position to get rid of this one we will be switching manufacturers.

Sucks to hear other people going through the same stuff. I've been talking to a lot of toyhauler owners with older brands and they all love theirs and seem built way better then the newer stuff..

dhcolesj

Those garage doors are CRAP. I can't see me EVER relying on those things. My door, since I got it back from the shop, on the passenger side hangs and is very hard to open and close now. They just don't seem very well made or designed.

Knuth123

Yes, I agree. My biggest issue is also with my passenger side. We never use our patio since the doors are so bad and would let a ton of dust in anyways. I'm about ready to just remove mine then they're put on the way to load dirtbikes.

It's really ashame that I was to recieve parts to repair mine my self and I've got nothing after 5 months. Also now that my unit is out of warranty the tech assistance line is zero help for anything.

Bozo

Things to remember: an RV is a hole that you throw money into…..just like boats are a hole in the water you throw money into. As problems arise, we fix them Or have them fixed. An RV is a rolling earthquake rolling down the road.
Yes, I agree. My biggest issue is also with my passenger side. We never use our patio since the doors are so bad and would let a ton of dust in anyways. I'm about ready to just remove mine then they're put on the way to load dirtbikes.

It's really ashame that I was to recieve parts to repair mine my self and I've got nothing after 5 months. Also now that my unit is out of warranty the tech assistance line is zero help for anything.
If you started this before the warranty expiration and have records, I would try escalating past the tech line up the chain.

Shelly S

I called the customer service line when I was having issues with mine. I installed the door slides they sent. But the doors still did not work right. I called back and they sent a new set of doors that a mobile Rv tech installed. I think the doors are just too heavy for the slides. The slides are rated I think at 200lbs but they really should be rated at 500lbs IMO. They are CRAP as someone stated above. When the mobile Rv techs installed the new doors it was clear the camper was not level when the first set were installed. We made sure the camper was level before they installed the new set. The doors work much better now. The benefit of the patio when our Sxs is not in the back was a huge selling point for us. If it is that important to you, and you are under warranty get on the phone and don’t take no for an answer. Escalate the issue like someone above mentioned. You spent a lot of $$$ on your rig it should be right. 99.9% of the warranty issues we have had with the camper have been Lippert mfg items. The 3 season doors, the windows, and one of the basement doors, all Lippert. I have called Alliance for all of them and worked with a customer service person to resolve them all. The response from Alliance for us has been outstanding.

Shelly S

We bought our 37v13 less than 60 days ago and we also have this problem with our patio doors. Both sides seem to slide/slant down into the middle when closing them, then you have to lift them just right to open them up. Kind of tough to teach 3 kids how to do that. We also had a problem where the door wouldn't latch to the top either, kept swinging open, I had to bend the bracket (while on a trip) in order to keep the door latched. Ours is now at the dealer to have over 25 things looked at and fixed less than 60 days into our ownership.
If you look at the top of the doors you will notice the one keeper at the top is supposed to be at 90deg but it is bent straight out from your doors falling at some point. That is why it will not stay latched in. We also had that issue. That was the one that got the doors replaced. See in the photo how it is straight out? Should be bent down 90deg.1692720975270.jpeg

Bozo

Anybody else out there have patio doors with windows installed/manufactured incorrectly? Specifically, the upper window sits in the inside track and the lower is in the outside track. This lets rain get in and run down the inside of the lower panel. They are not interchangeable either. I have contacted the dealer and they say they’ll have to look at it when it is back in….trouble is, then they’ll have to order parts and god knows how long that’ll take. Is there any way to progress this along proactively as this is a manufacturing functional defect? Getting tired already of hauling this in. Any suggestions. I bought this in August.

Mike in North Wales

Contact Lippert directly. Send pics. They may be able to help. You can start a claim.with them online, or using their app. I haven't done either, so I don't know how easy it is, but it sounds simple enough!

I assume the doors are received by Alliance as a complete assembly. That would indicate improper assembly at Lippert.

Yopiggy

Anybody else out there have patio doors with windows installed/manufactured incorrectly? Specifically, the upper window sits in the inside track and the lower is in the outside track. This lets rain get in and run down the inside of the lower panel. They are not interchangeable either. I have contacted the dealer and they say they’ll have to look at it when it is back in….trouble is, then they’ll have to order parts and god knows how long that’ll take. Is there any way to progress this along proactively as this is a manufacturing functional defect? Getting tired already of hauling this in. Any suggestions. I bought this in August.
What year is your Valor? Looking at buying a 2024 and wanted to check on our unit before we buy it.