• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

2022 F-350

bhidalgo

Our month-old 2022 F-350 Lariat fresh from the factory. Took 203 days from day of order (the same day we ordered our 310RL) to delivery. She handles the rig just like we hoped she would.
IMG_0241.jpeg

J. Thomas

You will love it. We bought a 2021 F350 last May to pull our 310RL. We got the 4 door, diesel, longbed, SRW model. Can't even tell you are pulling a load, even in the mountains it has plenty of power, and stops well also. I really like the engine brake,F350 outside.jpg when in mountainous areas.

bhidalgo

I'm starting to enjoy that engine brake even on the highways here in Florida. Takes a lot of stress off the truck breaks themselves. We got the upgraded brakes on the trailer so that helps too. I've got the brake controller set on 5 (I think) or 5.5. So far so good. Both truck and RV were worth the wait.

J. Thomas

Yes, worth the wait is correct. Enjoy your rig. Maybe we will see you on the road some day.
Jeff

J. Thomas

I got lucky back in may, there were still a few pickups on the lots, but very few. I drove 30 miles to look at a GMC dually a dealer just gotten in.(Did not really want a dually, but was desperate by then.) I was early for my appointment, so I drove down the street to the Ford garage to see if they had anything on the lot. Sure enough, they had this one F350 SRW there, along with a few half ton pickups. I stopped in and looked at it, bought it on the spot. Told the salesman I would be back in 1 hour with the title and my checkbook. I really lucked out on getting ours. It even had the Ford puck system AND a 5th wheel hitch already installed.

bhidalgo

Good luck. I ordered truck and 310 RL on June 25. Had the RV end of September. Truck production date was changed 8 times, delivery date 3 times. In the end it was worth it. We “play camped” in back lot of RV dealer several times getting it prepped for when the truck finally showed up. It was worth the wait.
nice rig I ordered one just like it 90 days ago hope mine will not take 203 days
dealer told me 8 to 10 weeks
ck

bhidalgo

I got lucky back in may, there were still a few pickups on the lots, but very few. I drove 30 miles to look at a GMC dually a dealer just gotten in.(Did not really want a dually, but was desperate by then.) I was early for my appointment, so I drove down the street to the Ford garage to see if they had anything on the lot. Sure enough, they had this one F350 SRW there, along with a few half ton pickups. I stopped in and looked at it, bought it on the spot. Told the salesman I would be back in 1 hour with the title and my checkbook. I really lucked out on getting ours. It even had the Ford puck system AND a 5th wheel hitch already installed.
Cool. My 2021 250 was just shy of being able to handle the rig or I’d have just kept it. It was not prepped to pull a fifth wheel and when I got it I was looking at pull- behind trailers. Wish I had just kept my F150 and ordered the 350 in the first place.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
My truck (F450 DRW) has not been on-order since early July 2021. So over 7 months now and Ford has not yet pulled it for scheduling. It's super frustrating. My wait continues... Enjoy your trucks fellas. :)

J. Thomas

Wow, that is going to be a real truck there. That F450 should pull anything and stop anything. You don't see many of those unless they have a utility box on them, a welder on them, or are pulling a nice horse trailer.
Jeff

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Wow, that is going to be a real truck there. That F450 should pull anything and stop anything. You don't see many of those unless they have a utility box on them, a welder on them, or are pulling a nice horse trailer.
Jeff

In my 5th wheel pulling days, I've had the following:
- 2005 3500 with production bed
- 2007 F550 with RV hauler bed
- 2012 F450 with RV hauler bed
- 2017 F450 with production bed
- 2022 F450 with production bed (on order)

Love the F450 for the tight turn radius and beefier suspension which helps with heavy pin 5th wheels. Mine will be heavier the most with inverters, batteries etc.

Todd80

Nice truck! Wow< I'm about a year out from buying a F450. We are in the market for a Valor. Sounds like I better order it sooner then later!
I recently inquired with my local Ford Dealership salesman about ordering a new F-350, he told me the order bank for the 2022 model year is closed/full, and that the order bank for the 2023 model year won't open until August this year. Might be a good idea to check with your perferred Ford dealer now to see if they are keeping a list for customer orders for 2023.

J. Thomas

FYI: If anyone is looking for an F350 SRW, Karl Klement Ford, in Decatur, Tx. has two brand new ones in stock. One is loaded with a 6.5' bed and one is a more stripped down version with an 8' bed. You might want to check out their website if you are truck shopping. They are located about 30 miles NW of Ft. Worth, Tx.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Nice truck! Wow< I'm about a year out from buying a F450. We are in the market for a Valor. Sounds like I better order it sooner then later!

@svhertje - I agree with @J. Thomas about getting on a dealer's list for ordering a truck when the 2023 order bank opens up. Also, consider finding a dealer that will take an X-plan pin code and find a friend that can supply you with one. Dealers do NOT have to honor plan code discounts but some will. I found a dealer in KS that would and I have a friend who found a dealer in OR that would.

Don Reece

Good luck. I ordered truck and 310 RL on June 25. Had the RV end of September. Truck production date was changed 8 times, delivery date 3 times. In the end it was worth it. We “play camped” in back lot of RV dealer several times getting it prepped for when the truck finally showed up. It was worth the wait.

ck
how did you get information on your ordered new truck I`m trying to get info from ford and c`ant please help

bhidalgo

Once you get your VIN from the dealer one thing you can use is a ford website to track it. There are a few more you can use that are not Ford affiliated to help track progress also.

FORD350R

2021 F-450 one can never have to much truck. Previous truck was a 2004 F-350 dually I put 19.5 wheels and tires on. The 19.5 tires stability sold me on the 450 now I have the right brakes to go with the tires a far better turning radius

Attachments

• PXL_20220327_192419818.jpg
    PXL_20220327_192419818.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20220501_004924138.jpg
    PXL_20220501_004924138.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20220429_210621413.jpg
    PXL_20220429_210621413.jpg
    858 KB · Views: 15

HelotesAg

Digging up this old thread... I'm working with a dealer to get ready for the 2023 order banks and putting together the options I want. I'm curious for those of you with recent F350's - what gear ratio did you get? I pull a 310RL - which is rated up to 15,000 lbs - any thoughts/opinions on which are the right gears to order? The 2023 Superduty specs aren't out yet but it seems that they will have the same 10 speed transmissions that they had last year - and the options in 2022 were a 3.31 (standard on F350s) or a 3.55 as an option - I'm getting the 6.7 Diesel BTW.