• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Weight and length number confusion

Gord&Cindy

Hello All,
We are looking at a 30RLS and are a bit confused with the weight numbers.
On the sticker on the entry door frame, it says the Cargo Carrying Capacity is 768Kg (1683LB) but on the sticker on the outside, it says the weight of cargo should not exceed 376Kg (830 LBS). I assume the discrepancy has to do with what is included in the UVW? It would be helpful to know what is and is not included in the weights mentioned.

Also, on the door sticker, it says the overall length is 34-2. I thought in the specs. it said the overall length was 33' 3".

Sorry for the sideways picture...

Attachments

• 20230217_142142[1].jpg
    20230217_142142[1].jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230217_135930[1].jpg
    20230217_135930[1].jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 16

darrell

When you subtract your UVW from your GVW, you get 1683. That is your CCC. Perhaps the 830# figure assumes complete full tanks (fresh, gray, and black)?

Gord&Cindy

Not sure on the cargo weight, but the label on the door is the correct length.
Well, that's curious because, on the Alliance website, it says the length is 33' - 3".
Perhaps there is something that is not included in the website length but is included in the length stated by the door sticker?
The more I learn, the more confused I get... :oops:

Gord&Cindy

When you subtract your UVW from your GVW, you get 1683. That is your CCC. Perhaps the 830# figure assumes complete full tanks (fresh, gray, and black)?
Yes, I suspect you are correct.
It would be nice, however, to get a detailed description of exactly what is and is not included in these numbers.
830 LBS is not very much for cargo, especially if it does not include things such as batteries.

darrell

Yes, I suspect you are correct.
It would be nice, however, to get a detailed description of exactly what is and is not included in these numbers.
830 LBS is not very much for cargo, especially if it does not include things such as batteries.
Yep, I really have no idea where that number came from to be honest. I am pretty sure my Alliance showed the overall CCC, with a separate section that showed the weight a full tank of fresh water would represent, and then a note saying gray and black will also count against CCC but didn't give exact numbers for these. But yes, batteries, gear, fluids, anything added at the dealership, all of that counts against your CCC.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Well, that's curious because, on the Alliance website, it says the length is 33' - 3".
Perhaps there is something that is not included in the website length but is included in the length stated by the door sticker?
The more I learn, the more confused I get... :oops:
We learned this the hard way. I bought a RV that was listed on the mfg site (not Alliance) that showed RV at 41 feet. We brought it home and when I parked it in our barn it was clear it was more than 41 feet. It was actually 45.5 feet long. We sold it 2 days later. It was a lesson learned...always measure the RV to get actual lenght.