• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Warranty Issues with my Avenue 32RLS

sleepyT

I am wondering if other owners have had an unusual amount of warranty issues..? I have owned my 32RLS since October of last year and have only been able to camp with it twice due to warranty issues...Here are the issues I have had so far...(1) Eight drawers out of a total number of fourteen did not either open or close properly (addressed)... (2) the shower pan had no sub floor under the middle of the pan...The whole shower had to be taken out sub structure put in and then replaced (addressed)... {3} The linoleum on the slide floor where the recliners and kitchen table are in needs to be replaced due to a 18 inch. gouge in the linoleum under the table (not addressed yet)... (4) The bed in the bedroom was not installed at the factory correctly and when moved to the stow position put a gouge in the linoleum floor in the main isle of the bedroom... (not addressed yet)... (5) Adjust the bed not installed correctly... (addressed)... (6) The entry door on the camper had to be totally replaced... (addressed)... (7) The toilet had a leak, toilet seal missing, seal replaced...(addressed)... (8) The suspension that the pistons under the bed that help lift the bed up to access under bed storage broke off the bed platform... (not addressed yet)... (9) The bathroom faucet does not work correctly, good water flow on hot side, very little water flow on cold side... (not addressed yet)... (10) The main awning or number 1 awning on the 32RLS pulled away from the camper wall where it was mounted... (not addressed yet)... Lastly I need a tech to look at a window in the bedroom that I question if it may need to be fixed...

I would like to hear if other Avenue owners have had the same experience as I have had...Especially 32RLS owners...
Thanks I know it's a long read...

Reactions: TJJ

dwcfish

Interestingly I also picked up a 32RLS last October, and I understand your pain. I even had the same issue with the awning pulling away from the sidewall. Alliance has taken my calls, emails, ect. However as I have discussed with them a number of times - in todays world the reality is that a lot of the repairs need to be done by the owners if you want them done timely. The list that I have of problems is a lot longer than the one above, and I have handled all of the repairs myself since I am FT and getting others to make the repairs is difficult if not impossible. Alliance has offered to pay for someone to first come out and assess the issue then come out again and make the repairs - I just did not want to sit around begging someone to come and make the fixes, nor do I have the time for this process.

This post might be pulled by Alliance since they have indicated that the purpose of this forum is for discussion of topics and sharing by owners. I think the issue is that there have been QC issues with the 32RLS, and maybe other units. We like our rig. I am sure Bill and others at Alliance are tired of hearing me call with a new issue. But I would like for them to take a step forward and admit that they had problems with the rigs and help us out - maybe even do something like extend our warranties. I think they are probably a better company than the 32RLS indicates. And I have to give them credit for taking my calls......my other manufactures would not do that. But of all the rigs I have had, this one has been the most problematic. And I have now purchased an extended warranty from a 3rd party - something I typically don't do....

TJJ

I will chime in..We have had our 32 RLS since July and have had some of the same issues ,just not as many.Our dealer is 5 hours away so I have been doing the repairs myself.I did reach out to the service team (Stephanie) and I have to say that she has been attentive and has sent us the parts for the repairs.Am currently waiting on a slide ski that was installed wrong from the factory.It does suck that we have to do these repairs but the camper will be like it should have been from the factory when I’m done.All in all we still like the rig and don’t have too much buyers remorse!

sleepyT

dwcfish...I understand and agree with almost all of what you wrote...I have had two other 5th wheels also with hardly no issues...The one issue I did have was the recliners in one of the campers would stow between the back wall and the slides when traveling...The recliners were too wide and had to be forced in that area...I made the company aware of that and they paid me $1,500 to buy recliners that would fit in that space...Bought twp La-Z-Boy recliners, fit perfectly...

As far as doing my own warranty work, with the luck I am having lately, if I attempted to do something and ended up making it worse the company would say I should have waited for a tech to do it , and then it would be my responsibility...I found a good mobile tech and he did the entry door, shower, and bed adjustment to my satisfaction...All who I have been dealing with at Alliance have treated me with respect and have told me that any issues that I find will be honored even when the warranty is done...The problem being the camper has to be used to find the issues that need to be fixed, and at this point I have only been able to use it twice because of warranty issues and the time it takes to address them...

Thanks for your reply...good luck with your camper...

sleepyT

dwcfish...Did you repair your awning or if not who did the repair...? You also said you purchased last October, if you don't mind saying where did you purchase your camper..? I got mine at the Hershey Show...

sleepyT

TJJ...Thanks for chiming in...I have been dealing with a customer service person as well and have had parts sent out to me also...You say it's a five hour trip to your dealer, but do you have campgrounds near where you camper is located..? You could call the campgrounds and ask if they have mobile techs that they would recommend...Most of them do because people come in that have problems that they need fixed, and that is a service that campgrounds usually offer....As far as fixing things myself, I do some little things but would rather leave bigger repairs to the professionals...

dwcfish

sleepyT,

And the awning fun continues, This would be the awning coming apart from the sidewall on the slide room.......
Slide room Awning.jpg

The Rep at Alliance got a bit upset when I sent this to him via text today......Would not have had to sent the pic if they had installed it better.......

sleepyT

dwc...makes me wonder if that is the next issue for my camper...Dealing with the main awning separation now...

TJJ

We are discovering new issues every time we camp.The kitchen slide ski ripped out on our first trip.Alliance sent new skis and lo and behold it ripped it out again along with the corner foam block things.The whole slide seems to sag when extended so it most likely needs adjustment.These fixes are getting beyond my patience and capability so I’m getting out the duct tape!

Attachments

• 05E2B324-C3F6-4DF1-B675-FC1FDC76C7B2.jpeg
    05E2B324-C3F6-4DF1-B675-FC1FDC76C7B2.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 33

sleepyT

TJJ...Took grand daughter to Ocean City Md. from 1st to 5th of this month...Second trip since owning the camper...Bathroom faucet doesn't work correctly, bed support for the helper struts fell off, and main awning pulled away from the wall of the camper...

sleepyT

New issues. While the mobile tech was estimating the damage with the main slide, he found the cover plate for the motor for the slide awning had fallen off...Plus on a former claim to have the linoleum on the recliner slide replaced I just took the linoleum out of the tube in which it was shipped to find out it was not the right size to do the repair...Two to three days now before getting any response from customer service...I'm starting to get the impression Alliance truly does not want me to use this camper... Meanwhile warranty is expiring in two months...Used it twice...

sleepyT

We are discovering new issues every time we camp.
TJJ...I would like to know how many other owners are experiencing this as well...Very surprised there are not more entries on this thread...Admin also changed the name on the thread from "Warranty Issues" to "Warranty Issues with my Avenue 32RLS"...

How long did it take to get your entry door fixed? Mine needs replacement and getting a run around with Lippert since they make it.