• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Tripod stabilizer

billbaio

My Paradigm 390 MP gets delivered to my RV lot in Blairsville Georgia on the 6th of January. It will be kept there long term. There is a concrete slab that the Paradigm will be parked on. I've seen some 5th wheels in the park with a tripod stabilizer on the pin. I am surmising these are used to provide some stability under cap where pin mates up with the tripod instead of the hitch in the bed of the truck. Are these a good idea? Can all jacks be retracted so that the weight of the unit will be carried by the tires and the tripod? Excuse the ignorance but I'm a cherry in the world of 5th wheels.

darrell

No, this only holds a small amount of the weight to try to keep the trailer from bouncing when people walk. I have not seen that it makes much difference neither in my current trailer nor my 390MP. Others report it does, so not sure what you can get from that. If you were local to me, I would give mine to you as it is just in the corner collecting dust.

billbaio

No, this only holds a small amount of the weight to try to keep the trailer from bouncing when people walk. I have not seen that it makes much difference neither in my current trailer nor my 390MP. Others report it does, so not sure what you can get from that. If you were local to me, I would give mine to you as it is just in the corner collecting dust.
That helps. Thanks. I see you sold your Paradigm. I don't mean to pry, but can you tell me why?

darrell

That helps. Thanks. I see you sold your Paradigm. I don't mean to pry, but can you tell me why?
We found a floorplan we really liked and Alliance did not yet see that style of toy hauler (under the bed). We don't like the sacrifices that seem to be required with the Valor (and really most other full garage toy haulers), and the smaller under-bed garage is more in line with our desires. Really miss the Paradigm, though, and Alliance even more.

billbaio

Thanks. I appreciate the input. Everything I've been able to glean so for speaks highly for Alliance. My neighbor just took delivery of an Alliance toy hauler the Valor 43V13. That thing is a monster!! I do however, prefer the 390 MP's layout and appointments.

darrell

The 390 is awesome. Can get to everything you need with all the slides in. That is a rarity these days. I'm sure you will love it!