• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

tire recommendations

Davis Fam

We are upgrading our valor 36v11 tires and looking for recommendations please. Anyone who already undertook this we would certainly appreciate your feedback and recommendations (brand, tire size, model etc).

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I don’t have a Valor but experience has shown me that many RV owners gravitate towards a couple of brands when considering an upgrade:
- Goodyear
- Sailun

That doesn’t mean these are the best case for you or even better than what came on your Valor, but they’ve provided good results for many RVers in the past. I’ve used both brands on the past in heavy 5th wheels and have been pretty happy. Others have had mixed results as no product is always perfect.

Goodyear will be more expensive and come with a better warranty. Sailun be less expensive but generally won’t cover damages related to blowouts.

It’s been a while since I’ve gotten deep into any tire studies and user experiences, so my info above could be dated.

JWalker

Ran Goodyear 16” G614s for 5 years and 25k miles. Not an issue. Then went to a 17.5” Sailun for another 2 years and 11k miles. Looked like new when I sold them.

I will says the Sailuns were very heavy duty. Almost like a commercial tire.

I did get them all balanced.

Good luck.

tomhank

I recommend Goodyear tire. Stability and handling are excellent, even on wet roads. The tire grips to roads as it avoids unnecessary skids, which would otherwise be great causes for concern. If you do not mind spending additional money on a high-quality travel trailer tire, this model will not disappoint.

DWKX31

We got a 23 340rl with 8k axle with disc brakes and it came with Cooper work force tires 17.5 H rated max air 123. E trailer sells them.

HelotesAg

Did y'all get "G" rated tires? Discount Tire doesn't have G rated Goodyear Enduro. I'm not particularly keen on buying a tire from Wal-Mart (Sailun). The ones that came on my 310RL are G rated, 4410 pound load rating. I'd like to replace with same. My tires are approaching 2 years and i usually like to get new every 2 or 3 years before they blow out.

Bozo

I have used the sailuns on my 5th wheel. They are a good alternative to the overpriced Goodyears.