• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Stain for bathroom cabinets

dbierbow

I just purchased a 1 year old Paradigm 370FB and the half bath cabinet door stain is worn. Not sure how this would happen but I’d like to repair the door. Does anyone know the type/color of the original?

Attachments

• 56AFDB4C-FEB7-497A-A356-BD2CEB61B187.jpeg
    56AFDB4C-FEB7-497A-A356-BD2CEB61B187.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 18

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I don't know the answer but I seem to recall a Facebook post where someone was able to do a pretty good match. Sorry that I don't know where to find that post though.

I am reaching out to the plant to see if they can provide any insight. We don't actually make the doors and do the staining. A local builder makes the doors and drawer fronts for us.

Yooper

Not sure if thats worn or its a common defect from the manufacturer but I looked at a new 310rl yesterday and the cabinet door below sink looked exactly the same. I thought it was odd too, but maybe its supposed to look like that?

dbierbow

Not sure if thats worn or its a common defect from the manufacturer but I looked at a new 310rl yesterday and the cabinet door below sink looked exactly the same. I thought it was odd too, but maybe its supposed to look like that?
Thanks, I think you are correct. After looking at some of the other cabinets, I think it’s supposed to be a distressed look. It’s just way more distressed than the others.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@dbierbow - I wasn't able to learn much with regard to our stain. I did learn that It's a custom stain made locally. As such, there's no common name for it that would be helpful in trying to match it at retail. Sorry about that.

RockingRK

Here's a thought. Remove the door and take it to Lowe's (or Home Depot or ...) and look at the Minwax stains. A good paint department person can help a lot. They custom match paint colors; not sure about stains. Find something close and test an area on the back side of the door. You will probably have to buy the can before doing the test. If you find something that works, post it here.
And, yes, this is their attempt at a "distressed" look.

Two on the road

Thanks for the thought, however I have tried that and the color and the shine is a little off. The gentleman at Sherman Williams said someone must have the the paint codes to paint that many units. Chrystal in customer service, said that if I will send some photos of my interior she will match them up with some color sicks for touch up. Hopefully that there’s a name or code on the sicks. Just a thought it might be worth to add a small can of touch up paint and stain to each unit, like when you buy a new home.

TheTravelingBrowns

Just wanted to share this.... The bathroom cabinet door was splitting so Alliance sent me a new door (under warranty) and the stain on the new door is not worn at all. (For some reason, the picture looks like they are a different color but are the same.)

Attachments

• 20231026_164353.jpg
    20231026_164353.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 7