• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Slam latch adjustment

TheRayQuelines

Any tips on adjusting latches on storage bay doors
Posting for alert to comments.

We were heading home after our second trip and looked in my mirror and the driver side bay door was open sticking straight up. Fortunately I was in a stretch of Interstate I was able to safely pull over to address the issue. And yes before you ask ;) ,I always do a walkaround checking all doors, latches, valves etc to ensure they are closed and/or secured.

Thanks for any feedback!

Grassjohn

We had this issue - I removed the frame screws near the latch points, installed shims under the frame to push it inward about 1/4 inch, and replaced the original screws with slightly longer screws.

Dgilpin

Posting for alert to comments.

We were heading home after our second trip and looked in my mirror and the driver side bay door was open sticking straight up. Fortunately I was in a stretch of Interstate I was able to safely pull over to address the issue. And yes before you ask ;) ,I always do a walkaround checking all doors, latches, valves etc to ensure they are closed and/or secured.

Thanks for any feedback!
Same thing happened to us. I had to adjust the latch housing by routing it a bit longer (closer to fixed lock catch at bottom of door) and adjusting the latch. Haven’t had the problem since