• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Shower not draining Alliance 40V13

Hello everyone, first post so please be gentle.

So the shower next to the bedroom is not draining on our 40V13 fifth wheel/toyhauler. We just moved into it full time 4 days ago. We noticed almost immediately that the shower drain was not draining at all. We first used baking soda and vinegar to hopefully break up a clogged drain but this was ineffective. I got under the shower to the drain and took apart the one way p valve to see if this was the issue. The P valve was clean, working well when tested, and able to open and close without issue. However just distal to that pipe was a LOT of water that appeared to be backed up. I re-ran the baking soda-vinegar solution without success.

I noticed our grey water sensor was full and therefore emptied both grey tanks. The tanks were able to drain without issue, there was approximately 5 gallons that emptied from both tanks and they ran out without issue. i got on the roof to make sure our vent pipes were open and not clogged and they seemed to be just fine. Grey tank sensor 1 still reads full despite emptying both tanks (and both black tanks).

I am at a loss for troubleshooting at this point, IDK if there is a shower shut off valve that I have not seen or if there is some common issue that you can help me with.

Thank you for your time.
-SG

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi SG - there is no other inline valve for this other than the tank valve. I'm wondering if this gray and black tank valves are mis-marked? This happened to me in my Paradigm 340RL. I thought I had the gray open as we were doing laundry but I was wrong. Due to the mis-marking, I had the black open.

That said, have you opened all 3 or 4 of your tank valves and still, the water will not go down?

If yes, I would begin to suspect that the steel wire inside the cable-pull sheath has become disconnected inside the valve-body. This is a pretty easy repair but you will need to expose the valve to work in it.