• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Putty Splotch Removal

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Rob Finelli wrote an excellent document on his experience removing putty splotch marks from his 2020 Paradigm 370FB and he posted it to the Alliance RV Group Facebook group in September of 2020. While Rob has recently sold his RV, he gave me permission to post his document here on the Alliance RV Owners Forum. Thank you Rob!

Attachments

• Putty Splotch Mark Removal On Walls.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 257

TG74

Thanks for sharing this, Jim (and Rob)! We'll give this a try on a future "project day"! :)

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thank you for sharing, this will be great to make the Valor a little more spiffy.
Let our readers here on the forum know how this works for you. I just left home for 2 weeks and my can of cleaner arrived right after I left. I'll be testing mine arounD the end of the month.

Whitewolf

Thanks for posting this Jim. Every now and then I look at the splotches and say to myself, “I gotta do something about those splotches one of these days’. ‘But I don’t know what to do’. Now I know what to do, one of these days…….

Curtis

Has any one had an issue with staples coming out of ceiling? Jim, if you have had any issue like this, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Whitewolf

I have one that popped out in the hallway of our 340. I have a 1/4" crown stapler, like what is used in the construction of our units, to use to fix it. If you don't have this tool, try carefully pulling the staple out and applying wood glue to the tines and inserting it back into the same holes. You'd have to hold it for a bit until the glue sets. I haven't tried this, I'm just thinking out loud. :unsure:

CornCrib

I've had a few pop out. It seems, at least on mine, that way more staples were used than was necessary, so I've just carefully pulled them and patched the hole with putty. I have not yet felt the need to replace them, just to make the blemish go away.

Curtis

Jim, is there a problem just removing the popped out staples. I have noticed the ceiling has dropped down a little where staples popped out. If not a problem I can putty where staples were removed. Thanks