• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Push-button light removal

bhidalgo

Want to swap out the push button lights in our bedroom slide with something adjustable. Problem I have is getting the covers off. Do they pop off or do you turn the cover to remove it? I've tried turning the cover on one of them clockwise but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks.

Mazboy

i assume you are talking about the light switching in trailer. you just pop off the front. you can get dimming switches through amazon.

you didn't say what rig you have but on our 340 they just pop off as i've seen in other rigs.

bhidalgo

i assume you are talking about the light switching in trailer. you just pop off the front. you can get dimming switches through amazon.

you didn't say what rig you have but on our 340 they just pop off as i've seen in other rigs.
Thanks.
I'll give it a try next time we take the rig out.

dwcfish

In our units we replaced the lights on the bedroom slide. In order to remove the original ones you had to twist off the cover - I know that one of them did not twist easily.

Ben and Kathy

I'm trying to remove the LED puck lights, with the button in the middle, on our bedroom slide to install a remote control dimmer modules. I've tried twisting and pulling down; it won't come off.

Has anyone successfully removed one of these without breaking something? If so, how?

Focker

I'm trying to remove the LED puck lights, with the button in the middle, on our bedroom slide to install a remote control dimmer modules. I've tried twisting and pulling down; it won't come off.

Has anyone successfully removed one of these without breaking something? If so, how?
The plastic cover pops off with a little twist and then there are screws underneath that secure the light. I can take a video if that would help.
I swapped them out for these lights that are dimmable and look really nice:

Ben and Kathy

The plastic cover pops off with a little twist and then there are screws underneath that secure the light. I can take a video if that would help.
Yours may be different. I've tried extreme force to twist off, in both directions, with no luck. Are you gripping the edge and twisting or using your palm over the entire light? Appreciate the video offer!

Ben and Kathy

Why yes they do if you use the right technique; thanks @Focker for the confirmation!. For those who come in the future, don't squeeze the sides, use your palm and twist. Using the sides puts too much pressure on the threads and it won't budge. This was for the pucks over our bed. Pics + what I installed from Amazon: Armacost Lighting 523420 LED Wireless Remote Controller, White. Velcro'd the remotes to each night stand.

IMG_1741.jpeg
IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1744.jpeg

Ben and Kathy

And an update after installation and first use at night we discovered that you can only have one light on in a dimmed state. For some strange reason having two of these on the same power circuit interfere with each other and cause flickering on both lights when both are turned on. :confused:

The inline dimmers are unfortunately a fail. Going to pick up what Focker recommended on Black Friday special and install next spring... (last night tonight this year before we winterize and cover our RV for the winter)

CornCrib

I also picked up some of these on BF. I'll use them to replace the under cabinet lights in the kitchen. I like the idea of the dimming, and the blue ambient light option. The OEM's are just a bit too harsh when sitting at the couch and theater seats. Hopefully, these work as well as I"m imaging they will.

CornCrib

And an update after installation and first use at night we discovered that you can only have one light on in a dimmed state. For some strange reason having two of these on the same power circuit interfere with each other and cause flickering on both lights when both are turned on. :confused:

The inline dimmers are unfortunately a fail. Going to pick up what Focker recommended on Black Friday special and install next spring... (last night tonight this year before we winterize and cover our RV for the winter)
We went a slightly different route for over the bed using these. So far, they are working well. We aim the lights at the back corner.

Ben and Kathy

I also picked up some of these on BF. I'll use them to replace the under cabinet lights in the kitchen. I like the idea of the dimming, and the blue ambient light option. The OEM's are just a bit too harsh when sitting at the couch and theater seats. Hopefully, these work as well as I"m imaging they will.
LOL, you reminded me about the under the counter lights on either side of the stove. The blue light is perfect for at night when we're outside, won't attract bugs but will give us light to find things. Just ordered two more pair, decided to put these over the kitchen table as well. Cyber Monday, $5/pair off. Good thing I also ordered more in-line Wago connectors...

Focker

They will work exactly how you imagine, I know because I changed every one of the other lights in my rig to them except the two in the closet. They really make nice light and are just perfect for the kitchen.

Last edited: