• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Propane Quick Connect Recall

Loanshark

I saw a long list of manufacturers who were recalling 2021-2022 RV's due to the propane tank valves possibly leaking. Alliance wasn't on that list, but wanted to check to see if there has been a recall issued by Alliance? Also, is there a place on the Alliance site where an owner can see recalls?

Whitewolf

I don't think it's on the site. You're best place to find out recalls is here or the Facebook page. I did see a while ago that Alliance was on the list, and I read a couple of days ago on Facebook that the A-Team was changing the valves at the rally. I also read that Alliance may be shipping the valves to the owners since it's a simple fix. Don't know if Alliance shipping the valves is true or not.

RockingRK

I contacted Alliance service and they said my VIN was not in the recall. They are sending out letters, but suggest you contact service to see if you are on the list. Did the same for the shore power cord recall and they said I was not on that list either.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Loanshark - you will get a recall notice by certified mail if your VIN is affected. The notices are sent to the mailing address used on your warranty registration.

@TG74 - thank you for sharing the recall link

Fishing Nut

Had mine replaced yesterday, and it was cracked.

310RL built August 2021.

Luckily I had it in for a couple other items and asked if they would do this as well.

bhidalgo

Got my letter last week. Called the dealer and set up with them to get fixed. Have to wait until their sister store on the other end of town finishes with the entry door and oven issues we're having with our the RV. It's the darndest thing when your door opens up twice on the freeway after you've double-locked it! So far going on 7 weeks trying to get it all fixed - under warranty.

swgunn

We received the recall for the quick connect. I am going to replace it myself instead of going through the HUGE hassle of taking it to the dealer we bought ours from to get it replaced. I just need to know what brand of quick connect to by.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
We received the recall for the quick connect. I am going to replace it myself instead of going through the HUGE hassle of taking it to the dealer we bought ours from to get it replaced. I just need to know what brand of quick connect to by.
Hi @swgunn - While replacing the part yourself will not actually clear the NHTSA recall in the system, you may want to reach out to our service team to get some details on the correct replacement part. Send them an email to service@alliancerv.com. Include the last 8 of your VIN and your question.

RockingRK

After being told by Alliance that my unit was not part of the recall (see my post on June 17), I have now received a letter from Alliance saying I am on the recall list. Will Alliance provide the parts so that I can have a mobile tech do the install?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
After being told by Alliance that my unit was not part of the recall (see my post on June 17), I have now received a letter from Alliance saying I am on the recall list. Will Alliance provide the parts so that I can have a mobile tech do the install?
Send an email to service@alliancerv.com with the last 8 of your VIN and tell them your plan and the name of the service provider. They will guide you on how to proceed. Most likely, we will send the part to the provider.

HelotesAg

I took mine to the dealer and they looked at it and said it wasn't leaking, therefore didn't replace anything.

RockingRK

Send an email to service@alliancerv.com with the last 8 of your VIN and tell them your plan and the name of the service provider. They will guide you on how to proceed. Most likely, we will send the part to the provider.
Just did so and they are working it.