• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

No 12v power

Anybody else having an issue with no power at all in their coach? We recently finished a weekend trip and after hauling home we went to disconnect and there was no power throughout the whole coach. Nothing to the hydraulic jacks at all. Had to get the generator out and once plugged in everything popped on. Batteries were 100%. Same thing just happened trying to get the coach out of storage. Batteries were dead, plugged into the truck but no power anywhere in the coach. Had to go get the generator and as soon as I started the generator up everything kicked back on. Immediately unplugged the coach from the generator and proceeded to hook up as normal. There seems to be a switch or something somewhere that flips once it gets power. Any help would be awesome, thanks

2022 42V13

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
My guess is that your Renogy batteries went into "shelf mode". Think "deep sleep" in order to preserve their charge. They need a small amount of charge current applied to them to wake them up.

Would that also happen with fully charged batteries? The first time it occurred the batteries were 100% charged. We were at the campsite for 4 days plugged in, disconnected from the campsite and drove about 45 minutes home. Could not disconnect from the vehicle as there was no paower throughout the coach. As soon as the generator was connected everything popped on and the batteries showed 100% charge.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I would say no, they would not go into shelf mode that fast. Must be another issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Is there a way to take them out of shelf mode without Plugging in?

You can place a small battery charger on them for a few minutes and I think that will wake them up. Still, it doesn’t sound like this is your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked with Kevin and I think we have it figured out, my solar panels were not working as the fuse was blown. I just finished fixing the fuse and upgrading it to the 3 15a fuses instead of the single 30a. Hopefully that will prevent it from occurring again.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Talked with Kevin and I think we have it figured out, my solar panels were not working as the fuse was blown. I just finished fixing the fuse and upgrading it to the 3 15a fuses instead of the single 30a. Hopefully that will prevent it from occurring again.
That's great news. I've been hearing about this more and more (changing the combined output from a single 30A fuse to individual 15A fuses per panel output).

johnda98

My guess is that your Renogy batteries went into "shelf mode". Think "deep sleep" in order to preserve their charge. They need a small amount of charge current applied to them to wake them up.
Same here.. 1st time in morning.. no 12v.. fridge warmed up.. maybe 5 hours.. 51% though on the meter.. its only done that once thus far.. usually can get down to 33% before morning solar and converter charge wakes them.

not much use if a battery goes to sleep when the fridge needs it ? is it a sign my reneogy is old??.. its a 2021 but never been really cycled by prior owner as was plugged in for 2.5years

almost seemed 'random'.. been past 51% before many times.. never shut down before