• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

New Paradigm 390MP RV Team

BobbyG

Hello from Bobby And Julia in Bridgewater MA. We just purchased our new 2022 Paradigm 390MP and are excited to meet you follow RV folks. This is our first rig and our intentions are to go full time in the spring of 2023. We both work from home and we will be asking for some advice on connectivity from the road. For us it's a big transition going from house (with lots of space and storage) to roving RV life but we think it will be a fun experience. Anyway, nice to virtually meet you!20221112_125418.jpg

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @BobbyG. Congratulations on the 390MP and welcome to the forum!

Take a look at the sub-forums we have here on Telecommunications - link

Speaking only from my experience, Internet connectivity options I have used over the years are:
  1. Cellular Data (SIM in a router or a operator supplied hotspot)
  2. Starlink (satellite based Internet)
  3. Campground WiFi
Today, the methods above are in my priority order. I hope that at some point in 2023, I can move Starlink to my #1 spot. I'm in North Texas and Starlink is still a bit spotty and in testing at my home, not ready to be my primary method.

Once you get inside the RV, I have lots to contribute, but let's save that for a dedicated thread in the Telecom forum.

RockingRK

I've been using Verizon through the Winegard Air 360+ for a year now with very good results. Only area I've had problems is Central Texas, pretty much AT&T country out there. Average speeds have been 20 Mbps in and 15 Mbps out. The Winegard will accept SIM's from Verizon and AT&T; they have their own (very expensive) service as well.

I've had good luck with Starlink in Kentucky and Elkhart so far.
I'm using an Osprey-12 connected to the WIneguard 360+.
Welcome to the FamAlly.