• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Mods, upgrades and add-ons

rgeyer

I tapped into an unused 12v fuse on the breaker panel. I've added other light to it also

LuckyDog23

Hi Rich, just had an opportunity to watch the Starlink mod done by your master electrician Dave. Was there not power in the basement for plugging in the router or did you simply want it inside? He did an amazing job on it but those connectors looked insanely complicated to connect. At least it’s solderless. I would much prefer my Starlink dish out in the open rather than up a flagpole and possibly shaded by trees.

rgeyer

Supper Dave did an excellent job. That's his camper by the way. He called me asking questions about running wires and told me what he was up to. Sounded interesting so I told him if he wants he can record it and I'll put it on my channel.
He wanted the router inside the camper and on an Inverted Outlet. That seemed the the easiest location.
The plug he installed in the front is for the dish to plug into. I think he has a 50 foot cable. He can pretty much put the dish anywhere he wants.
I'm glade I don't work with Cat wire that often. Those connectors are a pain to work with. I actually went out and bought a tester to make sure I didn't get the wires crossed. Haven't done it yet but I know it's coming

LuckyDog23

Oh I thought it was yours. Does your Avenue have an outlet in pantry? I know for sure the 295MK doesn’t. Irene Irons Travels got an insty and possibly a Starlink. We have gone back and forth on rig choice. Multiple times. The one we’ve considered has 5g available in the ceiling Winegard thing. I’m not happy with TravlFi so far. We probably will subscribe to Ford Connect for truck since our phones don’t like the truck at all. So we might get the T-Mobile router gizmo. Starlink is pricey and we’d have to use someone’s address for T-Mobile. They don’t make it easy!

My darlin hubby has years of experience with data cables so after he saw that he said piece of cake. 🍰 LOL.

BTW he loved the recliner footrest pull video especially the comment about F 💣 s. I have a bad shoulder on one side and had surgery on the other. Probably will need electric recliners. Our manual ones at home on a whitish sofa are disgustingly dirty. So maybe electric won’t have the dirt from the back of his hand. My side is not that bad. Being an RN means I actually wash my hands not get them wet and then wipe it off on a towel.

Great update, and I’m going to watch your newest later. I put YouTube on my 65” tv. Great for details, but it’s not pause friendly. Everything gets covered. First world problems!

rgeyer

Oh I thought it was yours. Does your Avenue have an outlet in pantry? I know for sure the 295MK doesn’t. Irene Irons Travels got an insty and possibly a Starlink. We have gone back and forth on rig choice. Multiple times. The one we’ve considered has 5g available in the ceiling Winegard thing. I’m not happy with TravlFi so far. We probably will subscribe to Ford Connect for truck since our phones don’t like the truck at all. So we might get the T-Mobile router gizmo. Starlink is pricey and we’d have to use someone’s address for T-Mobile. They don’t make it easy!

My darlin hubby has years of experience with data cables so after he saw that he said piece of cake. 🍰 LOL.

BTW he loved the recliner footrest pull video especially the comment about F 💣 s. I have a bad shoulder on one side and had surgery on the other. Probably will need electric recliners. Our manual ones at home on a whitish sofa are disgustingly dirty. So maybe electric won’t have the dirt from the back of his hand. My side is not that bad. Being an RN means I actually wash my hands not get them wet and then wipe it off on a towel.

Great update, and I’m going to watch your newest later. I put YouTube on my 65” tv. Great for details, but it’s not pause friendly. Everything gets covered. First world problems!
My 2022 Avenue doesn't have an outlet in the pantry but I do believe the 2024 models do. I thought about adding one when I installed one at the coffee bar but we didn't think we'd use it that much.
We have the T Mobile at the house and we really like it. I thought about taking it camping with us but we have our security system hooked up to it. If we got out more we'd definitely get another one.

Reactions: TJJ

NDCamper

Hi, I saw your post about TravlFi and that you are not happy with the service. Can you share what you didn't like about the service? I'm currently exploring internet options for our 340RL and was looking at TravlFi.

TJJ

Hi, I saw your post about TravlFi and that you are not happy with the service. Can you share what you didn't like about the service? I'm currently exploring internet options for our 340RL and was looking at TravlFi.

TJJ

Have any of you looked into the Calyx Institute devices?We have the 5G Inseego brick and couldn’t be more satisfied.The service is through T-Mobile and is truly unlimited.We had it Quartzsite at the peak in January and streamed any thing we wanted.Much cheaper than Starlink which keeps going up in price.