• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Inverter wiring help - Avenue 30RLS

Frybread

Our 30 did not come with an inverter. I am working on the whole Multiplus II install and solar. In the meanwhile, I’m told there is a wire running from the battery area to the Service panel. So that I can power (the magic) 5 outlets in the rig till I get everything else done. Has anyone done this? Or have directions? @CornPopper help!

CornCrib

On each one of those wires, connected to that + bus bar, you (and I will soon also) have to start tracing back to where they go. Some of that will go directly to the battery, I suspect, as they did in my unit. 12v things like slides, levelers, etc still work after I cut power on the cutoff above. In fact in mine .. during inspection, I discovered that the cutoff didn't turn off anything. All 12v service was still alive, so there was no way to turn off 12v to work on a 12v circuit. I reported to the dealer, and he changed some of the wiring so that all but what is logically necessary (slides, levelers, Smoke/CO) would be able to be shut off .. but I didn't see what he did. I figured when I dig into it to install my MPII, I'd figure it all out. It's definately a discovery process and decision process on what to keep and what to change.

You go first and tell me what you learned ;)

Frybread

On each one of those wires, connected to that + bus bar, you (and I will soon also) have to start tracing back to where they go. Some of that will go directly to the battery, I suspect, as they did in my unit. 12v things like slides, levelers, etc still work after I cut power on the cutoff above. In fact in mine .. during inspection, I discovered that the cutoff didn't turn off anything. All 12v service was still alive, so there was no way to turn off 12v to work on a 12v circuit. I reported to the dealer, and he changed some of the wiring so that all but what is logically necessary (slides, levelers, Smoke/CO) would be able to be shut off .. but I didn't see what he did. I figured when I dig into it to install my MPII, I'd figure it all out. It's definately a discovery process and decision process on what to keep and what to change.

You go first and tell me what you learned ;)

Attachments

• FF7CB353-53FF-4C0E-9372-D26FF8E771EC.jpeg
    FF7CB353-53FF-4C0E-9372-D26FF8E771EC.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 36
  • AF46FDC0-E5D7-44C3-A7D4-25ECF2FCB8B4.jpeg
    AF46FDC0-E5D7-44C3-A7D4-25ECF2FCB8B4.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 31

Frybread

So pulled the cover off the service panel, off the break marked inverter I see yellow Romeo. (Figure 1) then in the front bay ( figure 2) is a junction box with two yellow lines coming into it. I am guessing that is my connection. And when the line in the front bay is connected to an inverter it feeds the top half of the service panel. The question is which line and how do I tell. One step closer

Frybread

OK, Been a while but I did finally get the inverter all setup in the 30RLS. As other have shown, removing the panel from the bottom of the pantry allows easy access to power cord. Feeding it from there over to the front storage area was fairly easy. Then another cable from the front storage back to the Service panel. I am not electrician but with the crafting mount brackets and making all the cables it was an all weekend job.

Next, the solar panels

WeOutWest

OK, Been a while but I did finally get the inverter all setup in the 30RLS. As other have shown, removing the panel from the bottom of the pantry allows easy access to power cord. Feeding it from there over to the front storage area was fairly easy. Then another cable from the front storage back to the Service panel. I am not electrician but with the crafting mount brackets and making all the cables it was an all weekend job.

Next, the solar panels
Hi, so did you run new wires or are the wires that meet in the front bay for the inverter?