• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Inside Stairs

MKV

Is there supposed to be a screen or grill on the backside of the lower step? (shoe storage)
Mine new 382RK is completely open on the back of the lower step. I called the service department, but they either didn't understand my question, or didn't think it is a problem.
I have had to remove the side wall of the storage compartment a couple of times to retrieve the dog's ball.

J. Thomas

No, all the models I have seen have the back open for return airflow to the furnace/basement. You can buy any type of metal "grill/grid" material and cut a panel to fit, so critters do not get in there.

Upvote 0

MKV

No, all the models I have seen have the back open for return airflow to the furnace/basement. You can buy any type of metal "grill/grid" material and cut a panel to fit, so critters do not get in there.
Thanks, I'll be looking for something to work in that space.

Upvote 0

J. Thomas

They have metal designer, grill-like panels for sale at Hobby Lobby stores. They were mentioned on a facebook Alliance page, so I bought some. Easy to trim and they fit and look nice. I used double sided tape to hold mine in. I think the original poster used some small screws.

Upvote 0