• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

How do you cut the power to the 12V refrigerator?

Whitewolf

Still speaking from and about our Montana HC, there should be a switch or fuse to pull in the fuse panel. You may need to flip a breaker and pull a fuse one at a time to find out. Sorry, that's my only suggestion. When we pick up our 340RL, I'll be looking at the panel to see how things are labeled.

Focker

Are you worried about it having a parasitic load when you shut the fridge power switch off or is there another reason to fully cut all power to it?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
We have a 2022 40V13 with the DC fridge, and can't find the fuse/breaker for it. Ended up turing off 12V for the whole rig to kill (reset) the fridge.

Sorry that I don't have the answer for you here, but consider giving our office a call at 574) 226-0140 and ask for the Avenue team. They'll know.

That said, on my last coach (another brand), I added a switch to the DC feed between the fuse and the refer itself. This allowed me to isolate only the refer while leaving DC on to the rest of the coach.

The issue I saw by using the fuse removal method of cutting power to the refer, was when reinstalling that fuse, there's a large current rush that creates a nice spark and I didn't like that. At times, I'd blow the fuse doing that as well. Here again, this wasn't an Alliance product but the same could hold true.

CornCrib

Sorry that I don't have the answer for you here, but consider giving our office a call at 574) 226-0140 and ask for the Avenue team. They'll know.

That said, on my last coach (another brand), I added a switch to the DC feed between the fuse and the refer itself. This allowed me to isolate only the refer while leaving DC on to the rest of the coach.

The issue I saw by using the fuse removal method of cutting power to the refer, was when reinstalling that fuse, there's a large current rush that creates a nice spark and I didn't like that. At times, I'd blow the fuse doing that as well. Here again, this wasn't an Alliance product but the same could hold true.
Jim: I'd be interested in the type of switch you used.

jim.davis

Ajax,
I'm not sure if your set up is the same as mine on a 36V11, but we had to cut the power to our Everchill fridge in order to reset it. I traced the power to the top 12vt resettable circuit break in the battery bay. There are three in my rig and are covered with a red plastic cap. See Pic.
We have had some issues with ours not wanting to cool after several days camping. So I installed a switch which seems to remedy the problem by shutting off for a few minutes and then turning it back on. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 12 vt circut breaker.jpg
    12 vt circut breaker.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 10

Shelly S

We have a 2022 40V13 with the DC fridge, and can't find the fuse/breaker for it. Ended up turing off 12V for the whole rig to kill (reset) the fridge.
Are you resetting the fridge because it stops cooling? Or do you just want to turn it off when you are not camping?

Shelly S

Is there an issue with just letting the fridge run even when you are not camping?

tomhank

Cut off the wires that are utilizing DC power. You'll need a screwdriver to unplug these wires because they are fastened to a 12V plug with screws.

JeffDeb

Not sure if you received an answer. We have the Norcold 12VDC 20CF refrigerator in our 2023 310rl….it has 2 fuses (one for the freezer and one for the frig) located at the bottom front in fuse holders. The Load wires (ours is 10 gauge) run direct to the buss bar in battery/gen bay. Safe travels!