• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Help with coax wires

I found a taped bundle of 6 coax cables behind the service panel on my Valor 36V11. The cables are not connected to anything but all go into the coach. Does anyone know if these should be connected to something?IMG_0804[1].JPGIMG_0804[1].JPG

John R

I have a new paradigm 385. Trying to hook up satellite. I only have one sat and one cable coax goin into the coach behind the service panel. Is there somewhere else in the coach where the 3 going to the tv locations would be

Upvote 0

Grassjohn

In the outside storage door under the bed, mine are draped over the divider wall where the TV antenna booster power is located. Yours may be tucked behind the wall but you can look over the top.

Upvote 0

JWalker

Behind the wall near the UDC on our Avenue.

Attachments

• 1A754AF1-9EE2-4991-87E3-51BF58ACC15B.jpeg
    1A754AF1-9EE2-4991-87E3-51BF58ACC15B.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 31
  • D113E9DF-BAA0-4DF0-9803-E22071CE74F6.jpeg
    D113E9DF-BAA0-4DF0-9803-E22071CE74F6.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 31
  • EF431A4A-8B42-42ED-8C5A-2C7437B616A2.jpeg
    EF431A4A-8B42-42ED-8C5A-2C7437B616A2.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 0

Mazboy

If you are trying to figure out which cable is for which connector get a tester from home depot and that will help you out. and make sure you know where your antenna booster switch is.

Upvote 0

Papa Bean

I had the same issue when I was looking for the feeds to the TV in the living room. since I do some of this kind of work for a living I had the tracking device and toner to find them but they were tucked way up in the service area. also I noticed that all the feeds area different color so if you don't have the fancy tool you can just pull off the cable cover near the tv and find out what color it has. I'm using the satellite connection for my Sirius radio.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue when I was looking for the feeds to the TV in the living room. since I do some of this kind of work for a living I had the tracking device and toner to find them but they were tucked way up in the service area. also I noticed that all the feeds area different color so if you don't have the fancy tool you can just pull off the cable cover near the tv and find out what color it has. I'm using the satellite connection for my Sirius radio.
The odd thing is that these are supposed to be direct runs. That being the case, how hard would it have been to apply a simple plastic label showing which goes where? I have a 2023 310rl and also have a set of coax plugs mounted in the wall by the separate booster switches that I am still trying to figure out. By the way, you can get a simple coax tester on Amazon at a fair price.

Steve

Upvote 0

Delta262

Hi @Parker McConnell - Those coax cables are for satellite television, should you add that at some point.

Download the PDF from this resource article. to get a better understanding of all the coax cables, where they go and what they're for.
Are you joking??? I’ve been trying to hook up for satellite in my new 262rb for days. NO SIGNAL!!! Now I see why….partly.…maybe….maybe not. We’ll see. I’ve also submitted this, and other questions about the trailer, but zero answers. I happened to stumble on this question with your reply by accidenr, since this about a Valor model. I also see you don’t have one for the Delta line: common issue from Alliance. Your company doesn’t see fit to supply a unit-peculiar manual, nor at least LABEL WHAT THE CONNECTIONS ARE, NOR WHICH TO USE. What kind of company is this??? Now, as most would agree, Camping World is a crappy company, but at least we got manuals and answers from the company On our Cougar and Montana; even KZ did; and even our Forest River popup. We purposely switched from Keystone products which we bought for years to give Alliance a chance to set new standards. So far, not such a good idea. We trade every 4-5 years, so at worst we’re skrued for that period. Your corporate reputation is at stake; time to work on that as well as QA/QC!!!

Upvote 0

Delta262

Thnx. Already have it. That’s my point: shouldn’t need it. When you buy a new car, must you track down wires for your turn signals????

Upvote 0

Delta262

Keystone Montana HC 310re we traded in on the 262rb had an issue that Keystone used a ‘three way splitter’ combining ota, cable, and satellite over a single loop between the three TVs. Camping World pulled out all the coax cables and ran separate coaxes to each TV. Boxer $2,000 in labor and parts. CW paid for it! As much as I dislike CW, they at least took action. I didn’t have to trace coax lines and try to figure out how they ran cables. Maybe Alliance will, but I doubt it based on the company’s degree of effort so far. Any company that builds a camper trailer should at least hook up the TV they install. And our Montana had a huge mass of documentation about every single component! Alliance sells units with zero documentation. Sitting back and saying “oh, well, guess it’s rampant” is just not my style. I requested the means to speak with the owners directly today. Reply said they’d get back quickly. Clock still ticking.

Upvote 0

Delta262

To reiterate: there is no bundled group of unconnected coax cables behind the can plate in the utility area of our 262rb.

Upvote 0