• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Help, what kind of slide out does the Valor have and how to fix torn seal?

Acutelee

We’ve had our 2022 42V13 since April and we are quite happy with it but we just noticed the external vertical seal on the larger left side slideout was becoming ripped loose near the top. We also noticed on the inside that a strip of apparent seal from behind the facing in two places was sticking out like it was being forced away from its proper position by some misalignment (lower left and top right on inside). We have noticed absolutely no unusual noise or other malfunction during extension or retraction of this slide. We have probably moved the slide in and out about 12 times in the 5 months we have had it. We have an appointment in 3 weeks with an Alliance affiliated RV dealer to have it evaluated. We are trying to be proactive and that is why I am posting this note on this forum to try to learn from others what could be the problem. I have read the Slide section of the manual but it is very confusing because it talks about a cable slide system when it sure looks like a rack and pinion system to me! So I would like some advice on the problem with the seals (see photos) and more generally on what kind of slideout system I have on the left main room of my 2022 Valor 42V13.
Thanks much!

Attachments

• F3F9A50E-17EF-481D-9FC8-0A919615DD7D.jpeg
    F3F9A50E-17EF-481D-9FC8-0A919615DD7D.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 9B844344-D96B-4B04-A7F6-0BD7CEAAC5F4.jpeg
    9B844344-D96B-4B04-A7F6-0BD7CEAAC5F4.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 167A66C0-A965-4FA4-806D-76B8858CAE6A.jpeg
    167A66C0-A965-4FA4-806D-76B8858CAE6A.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 14

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Acutelee - welcome! I am not familiar with this slide seal issue. Perhaps others here have experienced this issue and will weigh in.

Once your coach is at the dealer appointment, if needed, they will liaise with Alliance directly.

Should you wish to sleek to a member of our Customer Experience team, kindly drop them an email at service@alliacerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 of your VIN, your question and these pictures.

Acutelee

Hi Jim, I have had several back and forth emails with the Service Dept but I am getting no where! Here is a copy of the email I just sent them.

“Hi, it’s now been a week since I first brought this slide seal and related slide issues to the Alliance Forum and the Alliance Service dept. I have heard nothing back except assurances that I would hear back and suggestions to use Facebook, etc.

I have tried getting back on the Alliance Forum thread I started but some app called “Tapatalk” or some
like that keeps popping up and doesn’t let me back into the thread. Is that something associated with Alliance? I don’t want to use it if it isn’t legit.

So here I am treading water, sort of paralyzed by a lack of follow up and I have an appointment looming with the local RV shop in Tucson where I am supposed to bring my Valor 42V13 in for service and I have been trying to properly set the table for a good experience by getting everyone onboard with the right preplanning and parts ordered but without some input from Alliance there is going to be a lot of “coulda, woulda, shoulda” and waste of time and money.
Both the local dealer and Jim Beletti suggested I get solid input from Alliance Service.

I am really concerned that even moving the slide in and out may be damaging to it because of other comments on other threads regarding slide defects having to do with the strips that protect the floor under the slide! I have one strip about 18” long that just fell off and has come off completely and another one that is askew.

Please respond with some real help!
Thank you,
Mike”

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Mike - Sorry that you don't have resolution on this. I have passed this message along.

Acutelee

Thanks Jim, I got an email from Randy B. who I am going to try to work with. Unfortunately there is more drama to the story that has unfolded regarding the local resources for repairs here in Tucson. Hopefully he can help me with that as well!

Jaredbutler90

Thanks Jim, I got an email from Randy B. who I am going to try to work with. Unfortunately there is more drama to the story that has unfolded regarding the local resources for repairs here in Tucson. Hopefully he can help me with that as well!
Hey, we have an alliance valor 43v13 and we are having the exact same issue. We had a mobile rV repair technician come out to try and adjust the slide but he wasn’t able to fix that issue. Have you gotten your issue resolved? We noticed the slide for us has a very small gap on the left hand side between the rV wall and slide out wall and the gap on the right hand side is larger ~2.5 inches I believe this is what is causing it to tug on the seal and ripping it

Acutelee

Yes, exactly how it looks on the outside of both of our hydraulic through-frame slides! No we have not gotten it fixed yet because here in Arizona there is only one dealer that Alliance deals with and we got an appointment November 30. Alliance did send me the replacement seam strips (the bulb and wiper strips) after I sent them tons of documentation. Yes, I contacted at least 10 mobile RV techs in the Tucson area that work on slides but none thought they could fix the slide misalignments in an RV park where we are stationed for a while. Honestly I have had to do a lot of research on this problem and fortunately, in the right hands, it is fixable but finding someone competent that will work with Alliance is another issue - you see, Alliance will only work with certain dealers and we have had a really good dealer here in Tucson who won’t work with Alliance! Not that they have any problems with Alliance, but they have been ripped off by so many RV manufacturers that they only work with certain ones and Alliance wasn’t on the list! So I don’t know if this slide misalignment was a manufacturing defect or not! Just praying I get treated right when I take it in November 30. For what it’s worth, our 42V13 was assembled first week of March with some delay due to waiting on parts but shipped out around March 9. We have put 7000 miles on it and are totally happy with it except for the slide issues and trying to get it fixed. I’d be happy to share more information if desired! If you have any tips for me, please advise! Thanks!