• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Have to use drain plug in shower or smell is 🤢

Since the first week of using our valor 36v11. The smell has been nauseating in the front bathroom. I have to keep a drain plug in the shower and close the sink drain.( not sure which is causing smell) I’m not sure if a p trap was skipped under the shower or the vents are connected with black tanks. This is not our first trailer and is my biggest complaint with the rig. Any one had a similar problem or maybe a solution.

Grassjohn

Typically, shower drains have a 1-way valve not a P trap; that can be faulty allowing odors to come up the drain.

Under the sink there’s likely an air admittance valve to break the suction of the water draining down, and that can be bad. That again would allow odors to enter under the sink.

Of course verify the fittings properly installed are tight and all gaskets and seals are in place.

I’m chasing a similar but very sporadic odor issue in our Paradigm.

Our shower drain was giving out a smell last trip. I took the plumbing pipe apart below shower drain, removed the one-way bladder and it was dirty, wavy and not sealing. I cleaned it and when I put it back into the pipe, I made sure it was laying flat when all was connected. No more smell for 5 days. I will probably put a p-trap in sometime down the road.