• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

GMC Pro Trailer camera

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I like the way you routed your cable. Any tips fishing wire from Battery Bay to the pin box? TFTI
Hi Jeff and Deb - I have fished a bunch of wires from the pinbox to the gen bay. I use 2 sections of wire fishing rod (Harbor Freight) and push it through from the pinbox end. The reach up and grab it just inside the gen bay above the door. Then I tape a poly rope onto the gen bay end of the fish rod and pull it out to the pin box area. Easy peasy on my 340RL. Guessing your 310 will be just as easy.

Consider putting your wire in split-loom before pulling it through in order to give it another layer of protection from anything it may rub on in that overhang space.

TG74

Just finished up my camera install. I brought the cable down and along the frame.
Hey @Fivelangs - I'm installing the camera on our new 5th wheel, and this time following your example to run it along the frame. Can you tell me what you used to secure the wire mounts to the frame?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Did you consider bringing the wire down the intergrated solar wiring pipe? That should lead you right to the front battery compartment and then a simple wire run out the ling pin, to the truck

TG74

Did you consider bringing the wire down the intergrated solar wiring pipe? That should lead you right to the front battery compartment and then a simple wire run out the ling pin, to the truck
I wasn't sure I wanted it to come through the pin box, since I plug it into the bumper and didn't want it flapping against the tailgate. As of now, I have it running along the frame and just coming up from below the front compartment. Also, I'm not sure our wire chase runs to the battery compartment. If it's the black pipe in the photo below, it seems to sit above the furnace area.

1676927267061.jpeg

Shelly S

I wasn't sure I wanted it to come through the pin box, since I plug it into the bumper and didn't want it flapping against the tailgate. As of now, I have it running along the frame and just coming up from below the front compartment. Also, I'm not sure our wire chase runs to the battery compartment. If it's the black pipe in the photo below, it seems to sit above the furnace area.

View attachment 852
I plugged mine into the bumper. First trip out the end twisted off the cable. Leaving the connector still plugged into the bumper and the cable flapping. I would recommend swapping your plug on the bumper with the one in the bed. That way you could come out through the pin box and plug into your bed. I am moving mine. Others in this chain somewhere have moved the plug to the bed. I am hoping for better results with the cable end this go around. Good luck.

Fivelangs

Hey @Fivelangs - I'm installing the camera on our new 5th wheel, and this time following your example to run it along the frame. Can you tell me what you used to secure the wire mounts to the frame?
I cleaned the frame with brake cleaner and alcohol and attached the pads supplied with the camera kit.
Haven’t lost any so far.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I cleaned the frame with brake cleaner and alcohol and attached the pads supplied with the camera kit.
Haven’t lost any so far.
Did you consider dropping the underbelly and tucking the wires under there in order to keep them secure and safe?

TG74

I plugged mine into the bumper. First trip out the end twisted off the cable. Leaving the connector still plugged into the bumper and the cable flapping. I would recommend swapping your plug on the bumper with the one in the bed. That way you could come out through the pin box and plug into your bed. I am moving mine. Others in this chain somewhere have moved the plug to the bed. I am hoping for better results with the cable end this go around. Good luck.
We'll keep an eye on that. It worked for us for several months with our previous 5th wheel. Hopefully our luck will continue. I don't have the confidence to start relocating wiring in the truck. :)