• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Getting ready for winter

Fastenerman

Hi Everyone,

So I have are 36V 11 all winterized and I’m going to put the cover on for the winter. Once I remove my lithium batteries, I wanted to leave my unit plugged in so that I could put a rodent deterrent device in one of the outlets. My question is, will it be OK to leave the inverter turned on all winter ? We are new to this solar thing, any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
As you mentioned you’ll have the unit “plugged in” - I assume that’s to some level of shore power. I see no need to have the inverter on unless it’s also functioning as your converter (making DC power for lights etc).

Fastenerman

As you mentioned you’ll have the unit “plugged in” - I assume that’s to some level of shore power. I see no need to have the inverter on unless it’s also functioning as your converter (making DC power for lights etc).
Yes I have it plugged into shore power, just a 120v 15amp plug, but once my batteries are out and I shut the inverter off there is no power in the coach that I could find. I figured there would be some 120v outlets active without the inverter on. So I’m guessing then it has to remain on as it must be a converter as well. It’s a 2021 36V11 with solar plus package and generator.