• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

General warranty repair question

MikeLindaTarach

Picked up our 2023 30RLS on Feb 18. There were a couple little things wrong. One was a missing grommet for where you lower the spare tire. At the moment, it's just a bare metal hole drilled into the side of the trailer. Dealer submitted to Alliance to get the grommet. A week later, we were told Alliance finally moved it to "Pending Approval". Is that normal processing time? No ETA on when it will arrive either.

It sat in our driveway so we could transfer everything that was in our old trailer. After 4 days, the furnace stopped working. It tries to light then stops. First appointment to have it checked out is Apr 8. If it turns out to be a failed part, which should be covered under warranty since the trailer is brand new, how long does it take to get Alliance approval for repair and get the part (we're in Ohio). Trying to set our expectations since we want to take it out for our first trip in mid-May.

Last edited:

J. Thomas

I got approval generally the same day the request was sent in. Now there may be your problem. The dealer may have not sent in the request on a timely basis. If you want to check, you can take it to the dealer, then call Alliance warranty in about 1 or 2 days and see if they have any record of your repair. I bet you will find the dealer has not even requested the warranty coverage yet. In fact, you can call and check the dealer timing on that grommet. I would bet Alliance never received anything from them on a timely basis.
Jeff