• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Garage Heater Vent

RnRving

Could you look at placing the heater vent elsewhere? It is completely blocked once a washer and dryer or 1 is placed in the garage. With 1 duct running 2 vents there 8s barely enough airflow getting back there - I have to change out vent covers to shut the upstairs vents in hopes it helps heat the back.

dhcolesj

I turned on the heat yesterday and could barely feel any air coming out of the duct in the garage, which means I'll have to figure out another way to heat that area.
Is the duct going back there getting all crimped up in manufacturing or is it just the sheer number of ducts? My Dealer said they would raise the washer above the heater vent so air would flow, but this is one of the reasons we put our washer in the Bedroom. Something at least needs to be done about the amount of air getting to that one outlet. I don't want to have to close off the half bath vent for sure.
Maybe 2 smaller furnaces instead of one really big one?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I turned on the heat yesterday and could barely feel any air coming out of the duct in the garage, which means I'll have to figure out another way to heat that area.
Is the duct going back there getting all crimped up in manufacturing or is it just the sheer number of ducts? My Dealer said they would raise the washer above the heater vent so air would flow, but this is one of the reasons we put our washer in the Bedroom. Something at least needs to be done about the amount of air getting to that one outlet. I don't want to have to close off the half bath vent for sure.
I suggest you contact our Customer Experience team about this. They may have some ideas for you. Email them at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 digits of your VIN, an explanation of the issue and any relevant pictures.

Mike Ki

The duct going to the garage in our 37V13 is crushed between the fireplace and the drainpipe, see below.
20221218_112439-jpg.774

FORD350R

Remove the access cover on the garage you'll be able see if you're is crushed like mine was. If it's crushed remove the fireplace it's for screws them you have good access in there. I was able to reuse everything cut out the crushed portion of flex tube the put the the T connector back in so the heat tube is no longer being crushed by the fireplace. Turn the T connector so it's laying on it's side them there enough room so it won't get crushed

rglow314

Well I took a look at mine(41V15) to see if there was an issue. It was crushed and when fireplace was installed they ripped a hole in flexible duct. Fixing it now- wasting more of my time.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 22

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Well I took a look at mine(41V15) to see if there was an issue. It was crushed and when fireplace was installed they ripped a hole in flexible duct. Fixing it now- wasting more of my time.
think of it as you're just getting to see parts of the RV most others don't....:rolleyes:

stevelaudwig

I have virtually no airflow to my kitchen or garage vents. When I looked at the ducts coming from the furnace I have (2) 3" ducts coming out (maybe 4" but I think 3"). One goes to the bedroom and front bath, one runs to the rest of the rv. The bath/bedroom line is about 4' long. The other runs 20' +/- to the kitchen, garage and 1/2 bath. There are (4) vents (3 openings) on the run to the kitchen/garage with approx 26" sq. in. of vent area (vents from the main run, not the actual exterior vent itself). I think the runs are 3", maybe they are 4". Either way that's 12" max sq. in. air carrying capacity (assuming 4") on a 20' run with (3) openings and (4) vents. I don't know what the little squirrel cage fan produces in CFM or SP but no way it can push air that far with that many much vent area given that the other run has so much less resistance. I may be wrong, but the math says I am likely right.