• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

FINALLY got our 310RL into the shop

bhidalgo

Took our 310RL into the dealer yesterday for a laundry list of things that need fixed. We get it back in two weeks with hopefully some of the issues resolved before we head out for a week-long trip to the mid-west. Then it's back to the dealer to address whatever else is left and could not get fixed beforehand.

Biggest issues are the oven won't stay lit and the entry door keeps opening up on the freeway. Yes, opening up on the highway!! I have to check that thing every single time we stop at a rest area / food stop / truck stop, etc to make sure it's still latched. I'd do that even if the door issues were not there but this has has gotten crazy making sure the door is latched. Then, after we are setup on a site and leveled if you don't slam the dickens out of it to close it a toddler can open it just by pushing on it. We make sure it's completely closed and latched. Nobody has gotten hurt or fallen out of the camper with the way the door closes, but we should not have to slam it so hard to get it to close either.

Contacted Alliance service directly about things, who then directed me back to a dealer for service. I get the process of maintenance and repairs and the issue with techs and lack of available parts these days, but nobody seemed concerned about getting my door looked at! Kind of a big deal I thought, Apparently not. I considered a mobile tech to get it done but those guys command a premium. Why should I pay out of pocket almost $500 for a mobile tech to fix the door if the rig is still under the initial warranty? It took me a month just to get a spot at the dealer to take the rig in. Hoping the door issue is addressed immediately, which I stressed to the dealer was the #1 thing I wanted looked at before anything else.

Overall, the rig has pretty much preformed flawlessly since we got it in September, and we were under no false sense of security that the rig would not have issues the first year. This is our first one and so far we are pleased with how it's operated. Hoping it continues to do so into the future.

We have a 340RL and a 390MP we looked at after we talked to service yesterday as future upgrade candidates from the 310RL. Just gotta give it some time and get the 310RL a bunch more use. Later, Bill

bhidalgo

Update - July 16th.
Had to bring rig BACK to Camper's Inn in Jacksonville, FL (location on General Avenue) for a second time in early June because they not only let it sit 1 1/2 weeks without touching it, but also never took measurements on the main door to the rig. However, they did manage to put stains on my floor, and we got a huge ding in our bedroom wall from the main bedroom door not being latched. They also broke the hinge on the bottom of the screen trying to get the door closed when we went to pick it up to use it while waiting on parts. What a mess.

10 weeks later since first visit to service and STILL NO DOOR. But, every time I call all I get is " We are waiting on warranty."
I UNDERSTAND it's all a process to get stuff done and you have to be patient. But come on - my door opens up while traveling down the road! Apparently it's no big deal it seems. What do I have to do to get someone to get this fixed? It's a SAFETY ISSUE, and NOBOBY from either Alliance or the dealer seem to give a hoot. I spent a career in Naval Aviation repairing aircraft and making them safe for flight - I know a safety issue when I see one.

We bought alliance because of the glowing reviews and what appeared to be a deep concern for the customer. It appears at this point that we (wife and I) got fooled big time on the service side.
NOTHING has been fixed that I could not have done myself.
Took it in to a dealer by direction of Alliance service because it is still under one-year warranty.

What in God's name do we have to do to actually get our rig fixed at this point?

Hopefully someone from Alliance Service will see this and help us out somehow.

Thanks...rant over.

J. Thomas

Contact the Alliance customer service folks by phone during the work week. The dealer probably has not even ordered a door for your rig. Have Alliance track down what exactly the dealer has done. Probably nothing. I would think Alliance will get involved. They helped us with a dealer not doing what the dealer said they were doing.
Jeff