• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

F250 Shortbed Towing

gundealer

Good Morning All,
New to the board and sorry if this has been discussed already. I have a 2022 F250 diesel,upgraded rear axle, XLT, 4x4, tow package etc, etc. Hopefully my question is simple. I have a fixed 20K Pullright 5th wheel mounted square over the axle. I am about to purchase a 2022 310RL. Can I tow this trailer and not hit the back of my truck when turning. Not looking to do 90 degree turns just "normal" driving parking. If this doesn't work then I will go the slider route. Thanks

HelotesAg

I pull a 310RL with a 2015 F250 and have had no issues with it hitting the cab or the bumper. I actually have a lot more room between my bumper and the trailer on the 310RL than I did on my previous 5th wheel. I still watch closely on the cab whenever I'm making tight turns - and I haven't had to use the slider yet.

HelotesAg

Yes - same - 6.5' bed. My next truck though is going to be an F350 with the 8' bed just for the larger fuel tank and apparently long beds tow better. Looking to get one next May when my youngest kid graduates from college!!

gundealer

I hear that. I just got my f250 in April. Ordered in January. Cost is like putting another kid thru state college.

J. Thomas

No, you can not pull a 310RL and make a 90 degree turn, without hitting the cab corner. Well, maybe, if you are backing into a downhill location. But not on the level, and certainly not with the trailer moving in n uphill direction. Don't
ask me how I know. I now have a 2021, F350 longbed. Oh, I had a Companion hitch for mine, and it set just barely 1.5" ahead of axle dead center.

gundealer

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm going to replace the fixed Pullright with a B&W slider. For the piece of mind if nothing else. Now to find someone who wants a 20K fixed.

bhidalgo

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm going to replace the fixed Pullright with a B&W slider. For the piece of mind if nothing else. Now to find someone who wants a 20K fixed.
Got a 20K B&W slider for my 2022 SWB F-350 and so far so good. Have not had to use the slider function yet but at least I know it is there and available if / when needed.