• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Exterior Paradigm Cleaning

MJAdventuring

Hi All,

2-part Question for you fellow Alliance Owners.

1) I've been looking into soaps to use on the exterior to give our rig a nice wash. Obviously, lots of soaps out there on the market catered to RV's. Any brands in particular that you recommend and support longevity and rig-beauty? OR any that you've heard/read recommened by AllianceRV specifically?

2) All RV Parks I've stayed at + where I'm currently staying have explicit rules against washing your RV. As I write this, my neighbor actually just gave his RV a cleaning. Are these rules enforced, followed to any degree? Is it more of a courtesy to the others here? If so, as far as best practices, where do you all wash your RV?! For context, I am currently full-timing, no house to go home and clean at.

Thank you in advance!

BirchyBoy

It all depends on the park. I’ve seen some people being respectful and using as little water as possible and the park has allowed it.

HelotesAg

I'm a fanatic about washing my trailer(s). I've used Armor All Ultra Shine Wash & Wax for years. I used it on my 2008 Wildcat and am now using it on the Paradigm. I wash it after almost every trip and then put it in the barn when I'm done to let it dry off and get out of the sun. Been real happy with this product. It's not formulated specifically for RV's as far as I know - but it gets it clean and keeps it shining.

J. Thomas

Check out the website for "Mary Moppins". I have not had a chance to use it, but know several guys with RV's who swear by it. One guy told me he used it on his Rv, and did not have to use it again for 2 years. Might be worth trying.
Jeff

Andrew

Wash Wax All is another popular product. I’ve not used it either, but I like the idea. You can wash as little or much as you want.

MKV

Be very careful what products you get. I tried a no water product from camping world. It was extremely harsh and probably hurt my gel coat. (on my old unit)
As far as parks not allowing RV washing, the ones we stayed at that don't allow washing, some of them do allow "mobile wash" companies to come on site. Not an inexpensive way to get things cleaned but at least it's an option at some parks.

TenngaRV

I was in Elkhart back in November and stayed at Elkhart Campground. I had a mobile guy come and clean my 370FB. he did tell me not to use dish soap like Dawn, He just suggested an car wash/wax type of soap. He stated that dish soap will deteriorate the finish

jayc

When we were travelng for another brand we used Blue Beacon truck washing. We specified low pressure, no chemicals (commonly used on big trucks to cut oil and other stains), with a Rain-x rinse which gave us a good shine for a short time. Looked good for a rally but didn't last very long.

I have since begun using Exoforma Ceramic Detailer and I am delighted with the look of my trailer. Iniially I put two coats on and then once a year I add another coat. The trailer looks brand new and is 5 years old.