• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Door Thickness?

Wayne W.

Hi All! I just got a notification from the storage facility where we have our 310RL stored that someone has a bunch of keys for different RVs and has been opening pass-thrus and other storage bays and stealing from them. They have even been stealing propane tanks. I want to replace the latches/locks on the propane storage compartments and the front storage bay, but I don't know how thick those doors are. I would drive to the storage lot to measure but that is a 120 mile round-trip. Does anyone know what the thicknesses are on those doors? It seems that the most common sizes of these locks are 5/8ths, 7/8ths, and 1 1/8". Does anyone know which I need so that I can get them on order with Amazon? Thanks in advance!

dwcfish

I can't specifically answer to the 310RL as we have an Avenue. However what I did was order locks for the front compartment and the propane tanks from Bauer Products. I ordered ones that were .875" for these doors. The nice thing about ordering from Bauer is that they provide the locks for the pass through storage so I was able to get the new locks with the same key as the slam latches - now I have one key for all the locks outside. I also ordered one of the barbed locks from them for the access door to the leveling system. Web link is https://bauerproducts.com

Upvote 0

CharlieO

I can't specifically answer to the 310RL as we have an Avenue. However what I did was order locks for the front compartment and the propane tanks from Bauer Products. I ordered ones that were .875" for these doors. The nice thing about ordering from Bauer is that they provide the locks for the pass through storage so I was able to get the new locks with the same key as the slam latches - now I have one key for all the locks outside. I also ordered one of the barbed locks from them for the access door to the leveling system. Web link is https://bauerproducts.com
Short or standard cam length for leveling door?

Upvote 0

Wayne W.

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I will have to do a little research to find out how many key patterns Bauer has; I discovered that you could order spare keys for the Bauer locks from Amazon and unless Bauer has lots of patterns, it's conceivable that a thief could order a number of sets.

Upvote 0

CharlieO

Wayne - Just did a quick check and Bauer has 60-70 patterns per key type.
Just found out from Alliance that all their trailers use the same key number! Mine is #357. If true they might as well install CH751's all around. I am replacing all my locks with a different Bauer key number.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Whitewolf

If anyone already has Bauer basement door latches, Bauer will rekey those locks. You'll need to send in your locks and pay for shipping. It's $15 (I think) to rekey each one.

Upvote 0

CharlieO

If anyone already has Bauer basement door latches, Bauer will rekey those locks. You'll need to send in your locks and pay for shipping. It's $15 (I think) to rekey each one.
Cheaper to purchase new locks for $12.99 and this weekend they are only $9.75 with 25% off special!

Upvote 0