• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Do you leave your inverter on all the time (residential refer)?

HelotesAg

I leave our rig at home plugged in all the time and I've always left the inverter on even when plugged in. I guess I didn't know until today that the fridge would still work - when plugged in - with the inverter off. Maybe that was dumb on my part. I'm wondering what others do and if it matters one way or the other. Thanks in advance!

CornCrib

On my 32RLS, with a 12v fridge, there is no need to run the inverter for the fridge, as it runs on 12v and connected directly to the batteries. I do not turn on my inverter unless needed. I never turn on when on shore power and only turn on when running off shore power (on battery) and need to use inverted 120v outlets. The inverter itself will draw energy, and there is no point in doing that if not being used.

HelotesAg

Thanks. It’s probably obvious, and maybe I should’ve said it, but we have the residential fridge. I guess I’ll only turn on the inverter when I’m traveling going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhidalgo

We have solar so the inverter gets turned off between trips. Then the day before I go and prep the fridge then turn on the inverter to cool the fridge off. I can only get about 1 1/2 days of power off my solar setup before things stop working.