• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Condensation inside black bathroom fan covers

HCL

Being in Alaska, today we have some warm winds and is the first day above freezing since November so I thought it would be a good day to run generator. I started it from outside the camper.

After the generator run cycle, I shut it off from the inside control panel and noticed the ring lights around the bathroom fans were on and could not turn them off with the wall switch.
I took the 4 screws out of the plate that holds the fan and lights and everything inside was wet, there were no leaks. Ice/condensation had built up on the inside of the black fan roof covers and today being warm it guess it melted down onto the fan/light control board.

The 5th wheel is winterized, closed up and plugged in. Nothing inside is running.

I dried everything out really good with rags and a heat gun on low and now everything is working as it should be, but this is something that is concerning as I don't want it to cause a dang fire.

I email the service folks to see if they had any ideas, there is got to be a way to cover that electrical control board on the inside of the fan cover.
Every time the sun hits that black cover in below freezing temps I suspect it will build condensation on the inside.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks
Mike

HCL

Looked for spray PVB varnish or lacquer to coat the electrical board but none to be had here in AK and shipping here would cost more for the hazmat fee than a case of spray so I took Liquid Electrical Tape and covered the bottom (exposed side) of the electrical board leaving the other side (bottom side away from moisture) uncoated for heat dissipation though I doubt that little board or the components on it builds much heat.

Will check it after another freeze-thaw cycle and let yall know.