• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Coach DC power remains after removal of DC disconnect switch

Papa Bean

Help!!!!! New to the group and owning an Alliance Valor 3611 and when I remove the battery disconnect almost everything in the unit is still powered. Someone had said some of the units had the disconnect wired incorrectly, can anyone point me to a diagram or photo of how it should be wired? Tganks

dhcolesj

Help!!!!! New to the group and owning an Alliance Valor 3611 and when I remove the battery disconnect almost everything in the unit is still powered. Someone had said some of the units had the disconnect wired incorrectly, can anyone point me to a diagram or photo of how it should be wired? Tganks
I'm not sure about the disconnect, but you might want to start a new thread about this to get the visibility you need.

Papa Bean

I desperately need some sort of schematic for the wiring of my 36v11. I have the battery disconnect out and the load on the solar controller off and I still have power on I think all of the 12v in the rig. Parked in a covered space the battery is going dead in a few days. I don't want to be crawling in the battery compartment to disconnect and reconnect the battery all the time.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I desperately need some sort of schematic for the wiring of my 36v11. I have the battery disconnect out and the load on the solar controller off and I still have power on I think all of the 12v in the rig. Parked in a covered space the battery is going dead in a few days. I don't want to be crawling in the battery compartment to disconnect and reconnect the battery all the time.
@Papa Bean - sorry about this DC power issue you're having. Please reach out to our Customer Experience team via email at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 digits of your VIN, an explanation of the issue. Explain the urgency of hearing back quickly.

Andrew

Today, I learned the hard way about this myself. Dropped the rig off at the storage lot a few weeks ago, and turned the disconnect off; thinking that would kill off anything that may drain the battery. Returned today, hooked up truck, and when I went to retract the landing gear.... nothing but a weird grinding noise. I hooked the 7way to my truck and let it idle for about a half hour. Still not enough voltage to operate the landing gear. I was so upset, I didn't even think to go ahead and remove the battery and bring it home to charge... silly... I guess another hour round trip to the storeage lot is in my future. I just had to unhook and return home with my tail between my legs...

I'll reach out to Alliance and hopefully will better understand if there is a wiring issue, or if in fact I need to install another battery disconnect, maybe on the negative terminal.

Brad

Today, I learned the hard way about this myself. Dropped the rig off at the storage lot a few weeks ago, and turned the disconnect off; thinking that would kill off anything that may drain the battery. Returned today, hooked up truck, and when I went to retract the landing gear.... nothing but a weird grinding noise. I hooked the 7way to my truck and let it idle for about a half hour. Still not enough voltage to operate the landing gear. I was so upset, I didn't even think to go ahead and remove the battery and bring it home to charge... silly... I guess another hour round trip to the storeage lot is in my future. I just had to unhook and return home with my tail between my legs...

I'll reach out to Alliance and hopefully will better understand if there is a wiring issue, or if in fact I need to install another battery disconnect, maybe on the negative terminal.
Some things are powered even with the battery disconnect in the off position. Federal regulations require life safety items to be powered at all times. So things like the carbon monoxide detector are powered continuously. On my 310RL the leveling system is connected directly to the battery. Wiring a properly sized disconnect switch direclty to the battery and placing all of the loads on the other side of the battery would solve your issue.

HCL

I ran into the same issue, so I called Renogy folks, and they told me the only way to remove 12vlt from the coach was to disconnect the positive wire coming out of the bottom of the solar controller. (If you have solar panels).
I took and old pill bottle and drilled a hole in the top then fed that positive wire into the bottle, taped it up good so it can't come in contact with anything because as long as those panels are not covered there will be power in that wire even if the battery disconnect is off and batteries are removed.
It worked and all power to the coach was off.
Hope this helps.

Last edited: