• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Changing tire (where to jack)

Ok how does one change tire in case of blowout. See 2” tubing on frame not really sure it would support if Jack placed there. TIA

Focker

Just use your leveling jacks if in a place where the ground is stable enough to lift the RV. If not you should have a bottle jack and some wood to put under the axle.

TG74

Ok how does one change tire in case of blowout. See 2” tubing on frame not really sure it would support if Jack placed there. TIA
Below is an excerpt from our owner”s manual. We carry a bottle jack in case we need it. With our previous 5th wheel, I pulled the good wheel up onto leveling blocks to lift the bad wheel off the ground.
1660469290236.png

Curtis

All you need to do is pull up on or back up on with good tire. This should raise the camper up enough to change the bad tire.

dhcolesj

The Dealer was showing me some of those Wheel Ramps, and I wasn't sure about it, but I may have to investigate them a little more.
I had heard about using the leveling jacks to just take pressure off the springs, and then use a bottle jack to lift the tire using the axel, but that's about it.

johnda98

Just use your leveling jacks if in a place where the ground is stable enough to lift the RV. If not you should have a bottle jack and some wood to put under the axle.
nnnooooooope .. would not use leveling jacks.. see OEM warning above.. designed to stabilize/partial weight when landing gear down.. not to lift GVWR/2

Last edited: