• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Black tank gate valve stuck OPEN!

We recently changed site locations and cleared the holding tanks. The black tank gate valve has always been stiff to open and close since we bought our 2021 42V13 from the original owner. When I tried to close the valve the cable would not budge. I pressed hard enough that the cable stem started to bend. Needless to say the head is off-limits until further notice. The cable is "self lubricating" so it is sealed and cannot be lubed externally. I'm' afraid its time to drop the belly cover and repair or replace the gate valve. I assume I will need to drop the cover from the front as far as is needed to access the black tank. Any guidance or suggestions would be helpful. I assume the valve is glued in but is serviceable. Where in the frame layout is the forward black tank? Thanks for helping out with this "I had better things to do with my Saturday" task.

Focker

I had a cable that was binding and decided to put electric valves on mine. It's nice having all valves open or close at the touch of a button and no more worry about those cables.