• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Bath skylight cover

Jwtalley

New 32rls here. What have others done to cover the skylight on the inside. Have had the foam and foil pillows on other units. The inside measurements on this are 14” x 29 1/2”. Don’t find any offerings online for that size. Trying to stay away from Velcro and the roll foil. Thanks!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Jwtalley - finding a removable cover for the shower dome of that size may prove difficult.

If you want to permanently block the light, I've heard of some people doing this:
1. Using some sort of sealing product on the outside (up on the roof) of the bubble
2. Using some sort of light-blocker between the outside and inside sections of the bubble

For option 2, you might want to remove the interior portion of the bubble to examine it and noodle some ideas.

Jwtalley

@Jwtalley - finding a removable cover for the shower dome of that size may prove difficult.

If you want to permanently block the light, I've heard of some people doing this:
1. Using some sort of sealing product on the outside (up on the roof) of the bubble
2. Using some sort of light-blocker between the outside and inside sections of the bubble

For option 2, you might want to remove the interior portion of the bubble to examine it and noodle some ideas.
Thanks Jim, I’m liking option 2. I’ll investigate!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
David Smith on the Alliance RV Mods and Upgrades group (link) did this with Reflectix between the inner and outer pieces.
297494064_5664668326890228_1647178189538513229_n.jpg
297482359_5664668940223500_4067414824920872627_n.jpg

Jwtalley

Follow up. Took the inner skylight to my tint guy. He took one look at it and said no way, can’t put tint on plastic. Said I would be disappointed in 10-12 months. Suggested spray Plasti Dip in white. I applied 4 coats, very satisfied with the results. It didn’t blackout, looks like a cloudy day in bath with sun beaming down outside. Problem solved.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Follow up. Took the inner skylight to my tint guy. He took one look at it and said no way, can’t put tint on plastic. Said I would be disappointed in 10-12 months. Suggested spray Plasti Dip in white. I applied 4 coats, very satisfied with the results. It didn’t blackout, looks like a cloudy day in bath with sun beaming down outside. Problem solved.
Love to see a picture. Thank you for following up with what you did.

DWKX31

I got tint spray paint for my side markers but got new tinted ones instead so I'm going to use tint paint on sky light great idea.

Trent Mills

Also, I have seen where people cut reflectix, put velcro on it and the skylight sides. When they want shade, they put the reflectix up. If they want the light, they pull it down. It also helps with heat gain/loss through the skylight.