• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Audio system upgrades - what have you done?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Have you upgraded or augmented the entertainment audio in your coach?

In the living room for my primary television (LG), I installed an LG sound bar on below the television on the wood counter surface. The sound bar came with a companion Bluetooth connected sub-woofer. I mounted the sub-woofer on the floor behind the recliners. The system sounds fantastic.

What changes have you made to the audio in your coach?

I installed a Sonos soundbar, sub, and surround system to mine (from my sticks and bricks) and I have used the installed Jensen above the fireplace exactly once. It's one of my favorite upgrades! We have a 390, and the sub fits nicely behind the loveseat. It shakes the rig!

CornCrib

Planning on the Vizio 2.1 with wireless sub in my 32rls. If I do, will look at removing the 2 speakers and Jensen above the fireplace, and install small storage drawers in those holes left. Hopefully, I could purchase some of the wood from Alliance to match and make drawer faces (or just put in wood blanks and close it off). No need for the outdoor speakers. A good quality bluetooth speaker is hard to beat for sound and placement options nowadays, and eliminate the temptation to share my playlist with the neighbors.

Donzi98

Hi Jim,

We installed a Vizio soundbar with sub like others on this thread. I put the subwoofer behind the tv. Used one L bracket to secure it. Sounds Great!

Dave

daemonic3

Same, same! I have the Delta 294RK and I have a Vizio soundbar with (~7" cube) wireless sub. The soundbar sits easily (hidden) behind the TV on the shelf, and the sub fits right behind the triple recliner on the floor out of sight. Since the recliner requires only 1 plug for the LEDs there was an open receptacle available.

The only tricky issue on ours is that the half inch or so of daylight between the bottom of the 50" TV to the shelf, doesn't allow the line-of-sight soundbar IR remote to get to the IR receiver on the soundbar. I bought a simple IR repeater that I will be trying out this weekend (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LC7HVHW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1).

It's too bad the (Sansui) google TV doesn't have any learn or 3rd party controller capability to map the remote's volume buttons externally. If it gets too annoying I can always use the analog 1/8" plug (I'm using the optical) so volume scales but I still need the power button to pass through, so its partial solution at best (and lower quality). So we're still requiring 2 remotes.

Trent Mills

Not much room for a soundbar, we only have about 1.5" underneath the existing TV. I am thinking of something where the existing stereo is and sub woofer behind the recliners. I guess I could raise the TV up an inch....

Last edited: