• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Added RV SnapPads to my Leveling Jack Feet

TG74

What is the benefit of these snap pads?
I got a set of these to install on our camper when we get it. I wanted to avoid carrying wooden or plastic blocks to use as platforms for the feet. There is enough flexibility in these to (hopefully) protect the feet from getting bent on uneven or soft ground, or getting dinged up by gravel.

Val36

I have 6 on my 36V11. The jacks do not slide and offer the wider foot as stated above. I put a little baby oil around the lip the first snap on to ease sliding into the pad. Great for various surfaces to reduce metal jack foot chances of bending.

I like using theSnap Pads with the CAMCO blocks (Camco Yellow Stabilizer Jack Support - Offers 7" of Lift, 5000 pounds - (44424)) to keep the metal feet from sliding. The less you extend your jacks the more stable it feels when you're parking on a downhill slope. I park in fields a lot for races, sometimes I use a large rubber block (Camping World: Hosspad Jack and Leveling Pads - Mega) under these also if the ground is soft or gravel. These are stackable and the center reaches all the way to the ground which should provide more support (in theory) than the red buckets which some reported break in gravel. These blocks still stack nicely and are light.

71hb-kkdAeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We have both the Snap Pads, and the Andersen Buckets. I find that I use the buckets mostly on the front leveling legs on our Valor 40V13. It's nice to have both. The buckets give us extra height, when we need it, so we don't have to extend the legs as far.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Does anyone know the size of the pad needed for the 310RL ? Thanks

LevelUp and Ground Control, both by LCI, use the 9” jack feet. That said, this is a link to the RV SnapPads you would need:

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Can someone explain the process of installing or attaching the snap pads?

Thanks

How I do it:

1. Connect RV to your truck and retract all landing gear
2. Using your finger, smear a small amount of dishwashing liquid around the beveled rim of each Snap Pad
3. Place the Snap Pads below each jack feet
4. Put LevelUp in Manual mode
5. Have a helper maneuver the Snap Pads in place on the door side while you’re ready to do the same on the off-door side
6. Lower (extend) the front jacks slowly until the first jack is about to make contact with the Snap Pad - then stop. Adjust the Snap Pad as needed and continue to extend until it pops into place
7. Adjust the location of the other front jack Snap Pad, then continue to slowly lower (extend) the front jacks manually until it pops into place
8. Condensed now: repeat the process for the 4 rear Snap Pads using the Rear jacks control on the LevelUp controller.

Take your time and be careful. This is a once and done process.

tpstauffer

LevelUp and Ground Control, both by LCI, use the 9” jack feet. That said, this is a link to the RV SnapPads you would need:
Ground control to Major Tom.... sorry, had to do it.

dfalkner

I have 6 on my 36V11. The jacks do not slide and offer the wider foot as stated above. I put a little baby oil around the lip the first snap on to ease sliding into the pad. Great for various surfaces to reduce metal jack foot chances of bending.

I like using theSnap Pads with the CAMCO blocks (Camco Yellow Stabilizer Jack Support - Offers 7" of Lift, 5000 pounds - (44424)) to keep the metal feet from sliding. The less you extend your jacks the more stable it feels when you're parking on a downhill slope. I park in fields a lot for races, sometimes I use a large rubber block (Camping World: Hosspad Jack and Leveling Pads - Mega) under these also if the ground is soft or gravel. These are stackable and the center reaches all the way to the ground which should provide more support (in theory) than the red buckets which some reported break in gravel. These blocks still stack nicely and are light.

71hb-kkdAeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Do you have 6 of these stabilizers, or do you just use them in the front? Thank you for sharing this.

We have snap pads on our SOB. Other than I have a problem with aiming the pad to the metal foot so that they go straight on while I was on looking on one side, we did great. We did manage to lose two over the years, we did find out, they have a 2 year warranty: https://rvsnappad.com/pages/general-warranty
The problem I see with the Anderson buckets is storage when not in use. The Snap pads are not removed once put on, it’s a one and done. So no need to find a place to store them.

Val36

I carry 4 of the CAMCO blocks, but usually only use 2 in the front. It has to be a really big slope for middle gear to not touch. I have smaller blocks (2x6 & 4x4) of wood if the middle gear needs more height. I have used the other 2 under the stairs when the step extensions didn't reach the ground because the front was so high. I try to avoid slopes that large any more and find a more level part of the field. It worked with the rubber pads, then the CAMCO Block, and then the snap pad and was decently solid and no movement. I used the manual level for that one, no way was I gonna use auto-level and risks the wheels off the ground and out of the chocks. (see youtuber KYD with the toy hauler at the GD rally)