• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Add an Inverter

Rob RM

Hello,
I have a 36V11 with Solar. I have added an additional Li Battery and would like to add an inverter to the unit. Has anyone done this after purchase? (Didn’t have a chance to add Solar Plus)

Does anyone know if there are wiring specs floating around? Can I simply tie it in directly from the main Shorepower and batteries so it powers the entire 110 panel? (It will have auto switching)

Will probably add a Renogy Pure Sine 2000, (I know some of us are not in love with the Renogy products, I have been quite fortunate). Alternatively, I will add Renogy’s 3000 Inverter/Charger but I suspect that’s more complicated and bot sure it’s needed.

I only want to run the tv’s and a few wall outlets for a coffee maker and low draw accessories. Would not run A/C or Heaters (May run furnace but that’s 12V)

Thanks for any advice!

Rob & Heather

Val36

Can't tie in to the shore power line with an inverter only. It will try to charge itself (circular) and keep losing a bunch of power due to the inverter loss. The bigger ones with an inverter & charger would work (Victron & Magnum) for whole coach to take current charger out of circuit, keep in mind each leg (2 power legs in 50Amp). But then the bigger ones might do better with more batteries and more solar and.... then better call Linc Spangler! :)

My thoughts with a simple 2000 inverter near battery (with a remote power switch) would be to tap an inverter off the batteries and power a couple newly wired inverter only outlets (like a kitchen and bathroom) with some form of circuit breakers near inverter.

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
I am not aware of wiring specs around to do what you are asking. We do have some very savvy members on our service team who may be able to provide some guidance but it’s not something we have a formal how to published on.