• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

About to buy a used Paradigm 340RL

Hi Everybody,
Long time camper here. Selling my Class A, moving to 340RL. Less money and headaches.
Anyone selling one now. ?..just missed a 2022, went for 70,000, most been looking at 2021.
I have homed in on a couple, both about 2000 miles away, delivery about $3600.
I have to have a propane / electric Refrigerator and a Gen prep. I have found one with a generator, gas frig, W/D etc....
We really like many campgrounds that have no hookups.
I plan to pull out the trifold sofa soon and replace with a Hide-a-bed.
Will probably put a Gen-Y goose neck hitch on the 340RL, since we use our Gooseneck hitch in the truck alot.
Have 2020 F350 single rear wheel to pull it.
Thoughts, Advice, Recommendations ?

Whitewolf

We really like the 340 floor plan. It looks like you've been doing your research and that will definitely pay off. We pull our 340 with a 21 Ram 3500 SRW without problems. But then, I don't have the extra weight of a gen, W/D or solar. The only thing I would suggest is to calculate your pin weight with the extras and make sure your current truck can handle the load safely.

DWKX31

Hi Everybody,
Long time camper here. Selling my Class A, moving to 340RL. Less money and headaches.
Anyone selling one now. ?..just missed a 2022, went for 70,000, most been looking at 2021.
I have homed in on a couple, both about 2000 miles away, delivery about $3600.
I have to have a propane / electric Refrigerator and a Gen prep. I have found one with a generator, gas frig, W/D etc....
We really like many campgrounds that have no hookups.
I plan to pull out the trifold sofa soon and replace with a Hide-a-bed.
Will probably put a Gen-Y goose neck hitch on the 340RL, since we use our Gooseneck hitch in the truck alot.
Have 2020 F350 single rear wheel to pull it.
Thoughts, Advice, Recommendations ?
We just got a 23 340rl stock solar and 12v refrigerator. 8k disc brakes and thermopane windows. With W/D. I had a cedar creek and had to take 20# of air out of my bags and drop my brake control. It really tows nice. Only towed 1hr .I have a 3500 2020. SRW.

We just got a 23 340rl stock solar and 12v refrigerator. 8k disc brakes and thermopane windows. With W/D. I had a cedar creek and had to take 20# of air out of my bags and drop my brake control. It really tows nice. Only towed 1hr .I have a 3500 2020. SRW
Great. I was hoping to find the disc brakes on one, but appears I will end up with drum, oh well, that's life. Not sure what the "20# out of my bags" means. Is that something on your hitch or air shocks ?

I got one, on paper anyway, 2021 340RL, 1900 miles away, just saw pictures. Should be delivered in a couple weeks. Has a generator, W/D, the big slide tray in lower compartment, backup cam and the gas refrigerator. So we can boondock a bit. Exciting times.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hello again John. I just responded to your private message. Congrats on your 340RL purchase and welcome to the Alliance family!

Once you get your coach and start doing modifications and such, consider documenting those here on the forum. Just do that in relevant sub-forums here.

Have fun, stay involved on this forum and ask questions when you have them.

DWKX31

I got one, on paper anyway, 2021 340RL, 1900 miles away, just saw pictures. Should be delivered in a couple weeks. Has a generator, W/D, the big slide tray in lower compartment, backup cam and the gas refrigerator. So we can boondock a bit. Exciting times.
Great all the best to you guys enjoy.

Hello again John. I just responded to your private message. Congrats on your 340RL purchase and welcome to the Alliance family!

Once you get your coach and start doing modifications and such, consider documenting those here on the forum. Just do that in relevant sub-forums here.

Have fun, stay involved on this forum and ask questions when you have them.
Jim, Is there a basic or instructional video about setting up the trailer,
for example: after you get to your destination. leveling, disconnecting, etc ?
I have had trailers, but never a 5th wheel .