• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

340RL gray tanks

NDCamper

Question to 340RL owners. Gray tank capacity is 106 gallons. I assume this is two 53 gallon tanks.

Does anyone know which is gray tank 1 and which is 2 as this relates to the panel used to check tank levels? I assume tank 1 is the shower, bathroom sink, and washer and gray tank 2 is galley sink and dishwasher.

Final question is how the gray tanks correlate to the pull handles. Assume the forward gray pull is for the bath/washer and the aft pull is the galley. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

Whitewolf

It's been depending on who plumed everything up. What you can do is put a good squirt of food coloring down either the bathroom or kitchen sink. When you go to dump, check to see which handle you pull has the color in that water. You'll need a clear elbow or something to be able to see.

NDCamper

Thanks Whitewolf, I'll give that a try next time we're out. We just finished up an eight day trip and I was able to identify which gray tank pull corresponds to Tank 1 and Tank 2 on the control panel. I'll take some food coloring with me on the next trip to determine if the kitchen tank or the bathroom tank is tank 1 or 2.

Thanks again,

René

On our 340. We were told the labels were on incorrectly. The far left is gray 1 for kitchen& bathroom sink, the middle for black tank and far right is gray 2 for shower. I have not had time to confirm exactly what they do. They weren't positive where the tanks are. I'm pretty sure the fresh is over the axles. Still getting to know the rv.

NDCamper

On our 340. We were told the labels were on incorrectly. The far left is gray 1 for kitchen& bathroom sink, the middle for black tank and far right is gray 2 for shower. I have not had time to confirm exactly what they do. They weren't positive where the tanks are. I'm pretty sure the fresh is over the axles. Still getting to know the rv.
Thanks Steve

CDFHarley12

I want someone from Alliance to confirm this. I thought my 340RL gray 2 for the kitchen sink and gray 1 for the bathroom sink and shower. Now, above said gray 1 for kitchen and bathroom sinks. This is the reason I want to see the diagram of all tanks and plumbing systems.

Many Thanks!