• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

32RLS Rear Wall

dwcfish

I first want to say that Kevin Caudill from Alliance has been very helpful to me on this issue. This issue was discovered after a long travel day and he responded to my text messages and really helped out - Thanks Kevin.

We have a 32RLS and suffered the same issue with the rear wall that some of the Paradigm units have had. After a long day of travel I got out of my truck and discovered that I had damaged to the skirting at the rear of the rig on both sides. Looked behind the couch and all of the screws in the angle iron had come out of the rear wall. Looked and the Paradigm doc's and I did have structural rivets with me, but not the screws. Following Kevin's advice I installed the structural rivets in where the screws were originally installed in the rear wall. The problem persisted and I discovered that the angle iron with the rivets still installed was still connected to the rear wall, but now all of the screws that connected the angle iron to the floor had come out. I ended up drilling out the rivets and when I removed the angle iron I discovered that the gap between the floor and the rear wall is too wide for the 3/4" angle iron to really work correctly and have the screws hold in the floor. I ended up replacing this with 2" angle iron. This gave me the needed coverage on the floor to fasten it down.

If you have a 32RLS I would keep an eye on this area.......