• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

32rls island drawers

TJJ

All of the soft stop drawers except one don’t work anymore in the island on our 32rls.It looks like all of the support bracing is loose and moving around causing the drawer faces to hang out.I would just as soon get rid of the soft stops, and beef up the bracing .Does anyone know of a direct replacement slider?

JWalker

We have been having issues with the large drawer under the refrigerator. The bracing did not even make it home before it would not hold the weight of the empty drawer. I had to completely redo that. If it keeps giving me issues. I will be getting rid of the soft close slide and just adding a standard drawer roller slide.

dwcfish

This has been another pain point for us. We have drawers all over our 32RLS that do not work correctly, and the drawer under the refer has been a problem from day one. It looks like to me that is not so much the slide mechanism as it is the way they have been installed - the bracing and the metal brackets at the back of the drawers do not hold the slide mechanism in place correctly. It's like a test - this drawer you have to pull to the left to close, this one to the right, lift up slightly on this one....what a pain

dwcfish

Good video! Where mine seem to have the problems is where he was putting in the set screws in the metal bracket in the back. That seems to be our big problem area.

Great video. Would dearly love to see how to anchor the drawers in the island, those are the ones we are having issues with. Edit: In part 1 he did the island drawers. Now I have more work on my ToDo list.....:cool:

Marty.......................

Last edited:

CharlieO

Great video. Did anyone send a link to Alliance's design team and plant managers? Think it's inherent in the production of every Alliance Avenue and probably should be addressed at the manufacturing level.

CornCrib

Can't say if anything was changed in the manufacturing process, but so far, my 32RLS drawers are holding up fine. Build date was about April 1.

CharlieO

Can't say if anything was changed in the manufacturing process, but so far, my 32RLS drawers are holding up fine. Build date was about April 1.
My 30RLS was built mid-March and arrived with all sorts of build errors like: only 4 out of 5 of the "dedicated" outlets are connected to the inverter, freshwater tank constantly leaking at the rate of 1/3 of tank in 2 days, wrong size blind, virtually every cabinet handle is crooked and sloppy craftsmanship throughout. I understand from having 2 custom homes built that there are mistakes, bumps & scratches but they are taken care of prior to purchase, not after the sale. I will be spending the off season replacing, repairing and modifying someone else's mistakes. Not the reason we had for buying new....

Screwdiver slip damage (1).jpgScrewdiver slip damage (3).jpgScrewdiver slip damage (2).jpgWrong size shade.jpgScrewdiver slip damage (4).jpgTrim1.jpgCrooked cabinet handles throughout (6).jpgKitchen light & surrounding area damage (3).jpgPoor crafsmanship-finish work (4).jpgPoor crafsmanship-finish work (2).jpgPoor crafsmanship-finish work (1).jpgPoor crafsmanship-finish work (6).jpg