• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

30RLS Wiring Diagram.

Frybread

I am looking to add the Vectron Multiplus II to my 30 RLS. I am trying to do the research to figure it out. Do I need to run a line from the Victron to the Service Panel. OR.... can I intercept the line from where it comes in the shore plug and run it from there. Shore Plug to Multiplus and then the line that was connected to the Shore Plug goes back to the Service Panel. Hence, I am looking for Wiring Diagrams to determine where those wires run and what is the closest place I can intercept that circuit? Any ideas?

CornCrib

I have a 32rls... almost the same layout. I installed a Hughes WatchDog behind my basement wall on the ceiling, and encountered the same things your looking for. It was easy to see where the large black cable ran from the shore power to the service panel (both same locations as your unit). I disconnected from the panel, rerouted to the input of the WatchDog on the celing, than ran from the WD output back to the panel. Very easy to access all, after you remove the basement diagonal wall.
I plan on disconnecting the WatchDog output, run to a junction, then run a new line from the WD to my MPII in the front storage compartment. A new line back to the junction and I'm done. Hardest part was manipulating the 6ga wire in the service panel, but a little patience, and it all came together.

9E5DAD7B-8C2F-4383-BC9A-B32C74F48F1C_1_105_c.jpeg

D0C94CAD-3A56-4796-8A8B-8BCB714E90DE_1_105_c.jpeg

5AD3C81F-EA55-41CE-82A4-3D9C18066329_1_105_c.jpeg

Frybread

Thank you @CornPopper, I had seen your post on the WD. I have the same unit, except the corded version.

Jim, I think I need to do more studying on the whole thing. I was hoping that someone had already done this and might have some info. All the reviews and Installs I see on YouTube seem to skip the part of getting Shore Power to the MultiPlus. I was trying to avoid running 6ga from the front compartment to the Service Panel.

Much like @CornPopper, I need explore the basement and see what I really see. No matter what, I am guessing there is more to learn.

CornCrib

@Frybread, don't get discouraged. What you're wanting to do is definitely doable. I'm gonna make my attempt at it in the coming month or so, doing exactly what you're considering. When I first started, I went from "Damn, this is gonna be complicated" ... to .... "Ah, that looks pretty straight forward"
I would have preferred to not get into the service panel, but instead detach the 6ga from the back of the shore power and run that to the output of the WD, then run new 6ga from the input of the WD back to the shore power. I took out the shore plug, but discovered the cord was anchored at the floor behind the furnace, and I couldn't get to it to remove the anchor. I saw someone somewhere removed the furnace from the outside to get to that space .. but that was more than I wanted to tackle. So, Plan B was what I did.

211FBF2D-E899-4169-ABE8-E02BE6CD9589_1_105_c.jpeg

dwcfish

CornPopper - I will add this on access to that area - I discovered that some of the ductwork on my heater on the 32RLS was not connected. I did not want to pull the furnace. Instead I went into this area through lower part of the pantry. The material in the back of the pantry can be cut with a utility knife, i then reinstalled it with screws so if I need to get back in this area I can.

CornCrib

I did not want to pull the furnace. Instead I went into this area through lower part of the pantry. The material in the back of the pantry can be cut with a utility knife, i then reinstalled it with screws so if I need to get back in this area I can.
Damn… wish I would have thought of that.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thank you @CornPopper, I had seen your post on the WD. I have the same unit, except the corded version.

Jim, I think I need to do more studying on the whole thing. I was hoping that someone had already done this and might have some info. All the reviews and Installs I see on YouTube seem to skip the part of getting Shore Power to the MultiPlus. I was trying to avoid running 6ga from the front compartment to the Service Panel.

Much like @CornPopper, I need explore the basement and see what I really see. No matter what, I am guessing there is more to learn.
@Frybread - I'd be happy to chat with you by phone about wiring, Victron stuff etc. @CornPopper seems to be even more advanced in this area. Might be fun to do a 3-way call. Let me know of you're up for it > jim.beletti@alliancerv.com and I'll set it up for a time when you and I and perhaps @CornPopper are all available.

CornCrib

@Frybread - I'd be happy to chat with you by phone about wiring, Victron stuff etc. @CornPopper seems to be even more advanced in this area. Might be fun to do a 3-way call. Let me know of you're up for it > jim.beletti@alliancerv.com and I'll set it up for a time when you and I and perhaps @CornPopper are all available.
Sounds like a party .... Let me know a time and I'll make myself available. Always happy to learn from others.