• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

RESOLVED: 110v Electrical problems

SkipperJT

We loss the 110v circuit that powers outlets in the 2 large slides in my 2022- Avenue 32RLS (Job #5559). At the base of the dinette table, both end cabinets at the rear of the rig between the sofa, the outlet behind the TV/entertainment area and our absorption refrigerator. I checked the beakers box first and there's no labeled inside the door indicating a dedicated beaker for that circuit. I then inspected and tested all of the 110v lines that run under both slides for current, and I found a dead circuit cable to the dedicated outlets. I followed the lines to and from the foam filled penetration points from under the frame to the slides. I cut cut two inspection holes in the under belly cover on each side of the slides affected and found a romex cable that is source of the issue. The problem I am running into is accessing the electrical connections of the problem circuit because they are to close to the I-beam frame. I have been in contact with the Alliance service department and working with Tim Buss, but he is new to the company and tried to talk me through the issue. At this point I think I'm getting in over my head. I have been dealing with this issue now for about three weeks and looking for suggestion. Is it time to get a mobile RV repair technician out to help me? Can someone help?

dwcfish

Did you happen to check the GFI in the cargo area? In my 32RLS there is one on the door side of the rig right inside the cargo door.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@SkipperJT - our team can assist you in finding a mobile technician. Reach back to Tim and ask him to look at our Mobile network for a tech that can come to you if one is available in your area.

I'm having the exact same problem. Hopefully you can recommend a mobile tech in the Canyon Texas area. We are currently staying in the Palo Duro Canyon State Park.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I'm having the exact same problem. Hopefully you can recommend a mobile tech in the Canyon Texas area. We are currently staying in the Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Hi there - please review my response to the message you sent me. It includes my theory on the issue you're having and some direction for you in connecting with our service team.

SkipperJT

I was able to solve the problem on my own. The power supply for that circuit comes in through the 110 outlet on the right side of the sofa. If you remove the face plate and pull the plug out of the end table, he will find three Romex power cables. One of those provides the 110 power, two legs, one going left one going right. I discovered that the Romex supply coming into the outlet was shorting. Check that connection. Of course, make sure the power is off before you do any work. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Hi there - please review my response to the message you sent me. It includes my theory on the issue you're having and some direction for you in connecting with our service team.
Hi Jim. Thank you for responding to my post and offering suggestions for where I needed to redirect my problem.